answers for all your bike questions

nappinj12

Registered
here is the answer. take your bike apart! take all covers off, till you see all aluminum. bare naked bike.this takes 20 minutes tops. mine has been apart 20 times or so,you will not hurt it. i know its scary at first,bike cost alot,but once you done it. ripping it apart is second nature..

Actually, on the Gen II I'd recommend looking up the fairing removal threads before taking it apart the first time. There's a few tabs that need a little TLC when removing~!~

After the first time, I'd agree...you're good to go

I'd love to see someone tear down a Gen II in 20 minutes

just did this in 3

CIMG0265.jpg

Actually, on the Gen II I'd recommend looking up the fairing removal threads before taking it apart the first time. There's a few tabs that need a little TLC when removing~!~

After the first time, I'd agree...you're good to go

+1 on fairing removal threads......a couple of the push pins are hard to locate and it sure helps once you know where the projections that plug into the frame grommets are.

Realistically, 6 or seven times and it gets to be easy. Still will take 30 minutes to get one side bare. NO worse than any other sportbike.

QUOTE=dk55belair;2556569]Did any of you guys steal my hubcaps while i was at Kmart last week? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:whistle:dont know what ur talking about:whistle:[

10 minutes if i drink my beer first. my fairings are cut so i don't have to take bottom 2 buttons off. i am not running inner plastic either now,mostly drag bike. if you got both sides off nose comes off with 2 screws, mirror block offs,widsheild, one quick disconnect for headlight. takes a minute. even though i can take this down to the frame with my eye closed.

you might want to put the inner fairings back in. i've seen side fairings seperate and blow apart on a couple 08 drag bikes.

ya, me too, i am putting screw in fairing and pining release tabs on fairings so they can not release. tried to get jason at mirock to change real street rule for aftermarket fairings but no go.

Ya takes no time at all to rip her apart. I like the push tabs. Makes it soo much faster to remove the fairings.

Late last year I removed my K8's entire nose section and right side fairing in less than 60 seconds......:moon:

Mind you, I crashed.

i remember first time taking it apart, i was scared of breaking it.scratching it.i read so many post which made it worse.everyone that never did it, posting how hard it is. lol. once i did it. piece of cake. bike is awesome comes apart so easy,think i messed with or changed everything there is to touch on this bike.

Back