Another "Wear your Gear" PIC

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
In a recent fall off a ladder at about 20-25 MPH I landed on my head, shoulder and hip. I was wearing my helmet(to clean the gutters) and AGV leather with full pads and gloves and riding boots. My elbow hurt for oh say three weeks and they said I might have broken it had the pad not been there, the shoulder was tender for about a week while my hip after three weeks is never gonna be the same. Lots of swelling and bruising, from my ribs to my knee actually. I will invest in Armor pants before I climb another ladder...

Mmmm Eggplant, my favorite color...

thigh.jpg

just FYI, survivability of a 20 foot fall is 50%. 20 feet isnt that far really, and you have a 50/50 chance of surviving(think Russian roulette with 3 of 6 chambers loaded..)

Glad ur ok..

yeah DNG you got lucky, local over here is in a wheelchair for life from a fall out a tree while hunting.

Glad your ok!!  
rock.gif

forgive me.....looonnnngggg day
coffee.gif
and I know somebody will stick it to me... but.....
the "ladder" is the bike right ?

and getting armor pants tells me you had jeans on .....

if all of this is right...how bad were the jeans on a slow "fall" ??

ladder or bike, still glad your ok !! I'm normally smarter than this.....

Glad your ok!!  
rock.gif

coffee.gif

NOPE it was a LADDER, he was cleaning his gutters.

Glad your o.k.

Okay, long day, I'll ask the same question in another way........"ahem"..."cough-cough...ahem".....

You weren't R-E-A-L-L-Y cleaning your gutters with all your gear on, on a ladder were ya
rock.gif
?.....tell me you did this riding your Busa.......

Now post the pics of the damaged bike and let's clear the air in here.............
super.gif

I was wearing Boxer briefs, thermal underwear and flannel lined jeans. It was 37 degreees outside and I left the house pissed off and the "ladder" reacted bad in the second corner... See the For sale section for a few pics. Damage was around $2700 plus my helmet and AGV are wrecked but not a scratch of rash on my body, just impact trauma...

Glad your ok!!  
rock.gif

coffee.gif

okay nevermind, NOW I'M LOST !!! I guess I'm the
face7.gif
one ?

When I blew up my ACL in my right knee on my dirt bike I also "fell off a ladder". They wanted to know why I had such a large abrasion on my arm with so much gravel and dirt in it. I told them the ladder drug me after I fell off of it.
laugh.gif

Hope you get better fast...

True story - My spouse went out to clean the gutters a few years ago. He was 3/4 of the way up the ladder when it slipped out from under him... He cut open a nice gash over his right eye on the way down and fractured his hip when he hit the driveway. He's all better now but he learned his lesson which is the moral of the story...

Never clean the gutters when it's nice enough out to be riding instead.

Wow this explains why your selling all those ladder parts in the for sale section..
laugh.gif

Seriously Dave I'm glad you were not hurt worse.. See you in the spring still right?

Some peoples insurance get really particular about motorcycles so "falling off a ladder" is a safer answer. Glad you are OK from your fall. Damn gutters any ways.

P-

I will be in Daytona and at the Bash and the bike will be better than new... I will likely be in pain but I have that everyday anyway, this is just one more thing to add to the list. And yes it was an insurance issue so I've kept my mouth shut...

Back