Another thinking of a Busa

ThunderJohn

Registered
Ok,

So here it goes. I am a newbie only been riding for about a month. I bought a Z750S Kawasaki. I like the bike in fact my wife does to and this only took me ten years to talk her into. I have been dong allot of practicing and have a safety class comming soon. Now I am already considering trading up for a Busa. My main reason for this is the fact I am 6'6" and weight about 275. I like my bike but look and feel like I dwarf it. This is even more unbelievable especially since my wife is up for this and even thinking of paying the difference. Now either I look as cramped as I feel on there or she has taken out a new insurance policy on me.  
biggrin.gif

My question is I am pretty much a newbie and I feel I am mature enough for it. Like my buddy that has been riding for years says every bike can go as fast or slow you just need to decide how you will ride and what you maturity level is. He has been riding since 92 and says he is still now mature enough for one, but says the bike fits me well but it is ultimately my decision.

All input is welcome I have read other post but no one my size and you guys are a little nicer on here not a punch of big A-holes like all the other forums I have read. Where they are sarcastic and call you a squid and how they want my kidneys because that is all that will be left.

Slide1.JPG

I used to have a Honda 900 RR and I felt the same way that you do. I got rid of the Honda late last year and purchased a Busa and I could not be happier. Your friend is right any bike can go fast and can all be dangerous in the hands of a person that does not respect it. If you feel that you will respest the speed and power then I say go for it.
beerchug.gif

Big Guy, welcome.
1st - Traditionally, pics are posted with an introduction, even if your scoot isn't a Busa.
2nd - Any bike can kill you, it happens quicker and easier if you act like an idiot; otherwise, in many ways, your safety is in your own hand.
3rd - Lots of bigger guys here!
4th - Do yourself a favor and take the MSF course; you will be surprised at some of the things you learn.
5th - Not sure where Moyock is, but there are several members in N.C.; you might try and pick up with them sometime - check the Busas out.
7th - Make sure you look into insurance and see what the differences will be in your coverage.
6th - Traditionally, pics are posted with an introduction, even if your scoot isn't a Busa.

I'm 6'2", weigh about 215lbs and just brought home my 2007 Hayabusa yesterday morning. My previous bike was a 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom. I can tell you there is a night and day difference between the V-Strom and the Hayabusa. If you want to be able to stretch out and not feel cramped up, the V-Strom (they do make a 1000cc version too) is a much better choice. Both the V-Strom 650 and the 1000 are pretty tall bikes that really help your legs. Another bike that I think is great for tall guys is the Buell XB12X Ulysses. That bike even stretched my legs. I would have almost considered that bike too tall for me. Neither the Buell or the V-Strom are in the same category as the Hayabusa you're asking about, but if you're that tall you owe it to yourself to at least check them out as options.

Had not rode in 11years and went
straight for the Busa. Only rode in
the neighborhood until I Took my
MSF course. I am 34 and glad I did
not buy another bike. Buy what you
want and be careful
beerchug.gif

All I can add here is make sure you wear all the gear. Regardless of what bike you ride, invest in some quality protection.

If you get a 'Busa, welcome to the passion.

(DAB @ Jun. 05 2007,20:49) All I can add here is make sure you wear all the gear. Regardless of what bike you ride, invest in some quality protection.

If you get a 'Busa, welcome to the passion.
+1 on gear!
wink.gif

And good luck and ride safe!
beerchug.gif

This is the advice I am looking for. Not just sarcastic A-holes who say buy a junk bike you will dump it or kill yourself I mean after reading some of them I was convincing myself going for a bike ride with the kids was dangerous.
AAAssjani.gif

I am mature and I have just been waiting to get a seat in the MSF course. I will also attend follow on courses if anyone has any suggestions. You can never train enough I do atleast daily take my bike out to an empty lot and swerve, brake and anything else I can come up with.
As far as gear this for the big guys is there a good place to go and shop for some good gear. The local shops here carry maybe a XL (can you say big man in little jacket).

Thanks for all the advice I am getting a better feeling.
bowdown.gif

Yea wear ALL the gear you can find.

And if you do buy a Busa you'll love it as long as you leave the reflectors on BC cars cannot run over you if you have reflectors plus they're cool.

oh and
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

(Big_guy @ Jun. 05 2007,21:17) Like my buddy that has been riding for years says every bike can go as fast or slow
I don't know about as fast. I am 6'3" and enjoy the ride. The only reason I even bought a busa, was that I rode my buddies and fell in love with the comfort. It is like sitting in a big lazy boy chair compared to other sport bikes. If you are worried about the bike being to powerful, just be sure not to get the black/silver color like mine....they are the fastest production color.

you will notice the busa to be bit heavier but you sound like you will be very carefull untill you know what ya got a hold of and

i think your friend is right too its all in your head to some degree ride smart and mature and you will do well..............................
beerchug.gif

I jump from a Pacific Coast 800 to the 'Busa and I am 6'2' 220lbs fits great and I love the ride. I have taken a MSF and always wear my full leathers and safety gear including my back amor. Started wearing the back armor after a buddy of mine, a Washington State Patrolman bike cop  
guns.gif
, his front end slipped out in a corner on his bandit1200. He slid back first into the fence post and won the battle between the post and his back. He is by far the most expeirence rider I know and he lost it. Sold me on the back armor that day. Wear your gear and ride safe and take the MSF course.

I got my busa 2 weeks ago, every ride is a rush
eek2.gif

Be careful and have the ride of your life.

It sounds like you have a clear head and some respect. The one thing with a busa if you don't sow it respect it will teach you some real fast. Good luck and be safe.

(Tchill2much @ Jun. 05 2007,22:18) And if you do buy a Busa you'll love it as long as you leave the reflectors on BC cars cannot run over you if you have reflectors plus they're cool.
ROFL that's just too funny

Get that MSF class under your belt. Then get a few more miles on the bike you have. As your confidence/skills improve, you'll know when you are ready to trade up. It should fit you well but you may prefer a couple of minor mods to make it fit a bit better.

beerchug.gif

Welcome. I am 6'3' 220lb. and switched from a fatboy to the busa. It was like moving from a slowing moving truck to a porshe'.

I love the busa and find it very comfortable with the buell peg mod.

I'm 6'1" and 239 lbs. I love my busa. It is by far the most comfortable sport bike I've rode especially my old Honda CBR1000RR. That bike was made for skinny short guys!!!LOL. BTW, welcome!!!!!
beerchug.gif

Back