Another scorpio ?

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Well, after thinking I was going to ride in the nice weather last weekend I discovered the battery was dead. After finally finding my charger (Monday night), it appears the battery will not take a charge. In all my years of owning a bike I've never had a battery go "DEAD" even after sitting for the winter, weak maybe, but never dead. My roadstar cranked and started fine, but the Busa has nothing, no lights, no clicks, and the needle won't move on the charger when hooking it up. So just as a follow up, it is supposed to be being charged on 12v correct? I know I've charged bike batteries before with no problem.

Second, does the Scorpio alarm drain on the battery even if it is not armed?

And what's the correct battery# so I can call and order one. Lost the center pin to the big push pin on the inner fairing panel and need to go to the dealer anyways to pick some up. I will just give them a call and tell them to go ahead and charge one for me so it's ready when I pick it up.

TIA
Scott

Well, after thinking I was going to ride in the nice weather last weekend I discovered the battery was dead.  After finally finding my charger (Monday night), it appears the battery will not take a charge.  In all my years of owning a bike I've never had a battery go "DEAD" even after sitting for the winter, weak maybe, but never dead.  My roadstar cranked and started fine, but the Busa has nothing, no lights, no clicks, and the needle won't move on the charger when hooking it up.  So just as a follow up, it is supposed to be being charged on 12v correct?  I know I've charged bike batteries before with no problem.

Second, does the Scorpio alarm drain on the battery even if it is not armed?  

And what's the correct battery# so I can call and order one.  Lost the center pin to the big push pin on the inner fairing panel and need to go to the dealer anyways to pick some up.  I will just give them a call and tell them to go ahead and charge one for me so it's ready when I pick it up.

TIA
Scott
A good battery thats been drained completely dead will sometimes take abit to start taking a charge. You need to leave it on the charger for awile before you'll see the needle start to move, the battery goes dormant so to speak. Buuuut.....motorcycle batteries are very fragile compared to a car ect, so when the battery does that its best to just replace it if you can. And I do believe that the Scorpio draws juice even when its not armed. Its best to fully charge the battery a couple times through the winter.  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142394906 -->

I left the charger on for 24 hours, needle was still burried at "0". I didn't turn the key or anything on with the charger on or after taking the charger off after 24 hours. Not really sure if a weak battery would hurt anything when the bike resets itself.

MC Battery requred 2Amp to charge, no more.
Lower charge even better when trying to reanimate dead battery. If you charged it wth 12Amp then go buy new one.
Any alarm drain a little juice... How else it could be ready when you push the button?
smile.gif

WalMart sellng very nice battery tenders for $20
Get one of those maybe
I charged my Busa battery twice this winter.
Scorpio indcated when MC battery going low and I just charged it for 10 hours wth 2 Amp.

I keep scorpio armed without permeter sensor.

Vic,
Does the Scorpio tell you the bike battery is low through the remote
rock.gif

Because that battery were dead also
mad.gif
, or does the bike chirp or something
rock.gif

Old charger, not sure the charging amps, will have to check.

It looks as though a tender is in the future, just never had a problem before.

rock.gif

Yeah i just saved my jey ski battery today.....thing sat for two years with not even so much as a pull back of the tarp that covered it. I filled the battery up with distilled water cause it was super low, and put it on a 2 amp charge for 24 hours...at first it wouldnt take anything! Needle on the charger didnt even move! I went out today and the things got a full charge on it....un hooked it when it started to warm up and put a volmeter on it and 13.2 volts just sitting there! Very happy about that! I love it when a battery comes back to life...like vic said, a low amp charge over 24 hours, by this time the battery will either show some signs of life or it wont. A sign that the battery is fully charged is it will start to warm up.

Vic,
Does the Scorpio tell you the bike battery is low through the remote
rock.gif

Because that battery were dead also
mad.gif
, or does the bike chirp or something
rock.gif

Old charger, not sure the charging amps, will have to check.

It looks as though a tender is in the future, just never had a problem before.
Remote has an icon for MC battery going low. alarm must be activated. I love that monitoring... bie doesnt chirp or anything like that.

Do yourself a favor.. ditch that old charger... ASAP.

Smart automatic chargers cheap as dirt...
You might check Walmart if they have motorcycle batteries...
Could be 3 times cheaper..

rock.gif

Thanks Guys, think this information is useless now, but I'm much more informed for the future.
sad.gif

Thanks for the #'s NJ.

Back