Another hump mod convert

chain

Registered
...now I wonder why I waited. It actually looks sporty, almost like a spoiler or something. The black ties in nicely with the decal work on the tail section and, most importantly, going from sporty hump to two-up is zero work now.

Suzuki should cut a relief into the bike's hump from the factory, though with some masking tape, a Dremel with sanding drum, and a little patience a guy can do it himself with relative ease.

Two thumbs up.

Next stop, a Ventura tail pack.
smile.gif

Edit: No, sadly, the triple black Corvette ragtop isn't mine. Did the hump mod work today over at his place, a couple cold beers in hand.

<!--EDIT|opdsgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093894575 -->

IMG_3097.JPG

so you said you'd never do it???

why the sudden change of decision??

I guess it looked odd to me at first, but after seeing it on a few busas here, the look grew on me some. Best part of it is, the bike is more practical now. I can go from two-up to the hump with the turn of a key. Running the rear seat w/o the bar looks strange, however, as you're left with two large gaps under the seat.

<shrug>

So much for the end of the mods theory!

Looks good, I did it on mine, you're right, makes it a snap to change seat to hump, next, is storage in it. I have to get the quick release hardware.

Did you ever get my reply on the fast idle mod? My email has been a little weird lately.

Hey Rev,

I guess that means that you don't like it?

The handrail still unbolts, yaknow:D

So much for the end of the mods theory!

Looks good, I did it on mine, you're right, makes it a snap to change seat to hump, next, is storage in it. I have to get the quick release hardware.

Did you ever get my reply on the fast idle mod? My email has been a little weird lately.
Yeah, I replied too. Strange. Oh well, great idea. My Genmar riser should be here Friday and I'll be re-routing the fast idle cable anyway, so I'll be doing some fiddling for my own poor man's cruise control. Great idea.

Was the first thing I did, I do not ride 2 up but thought the tail looked naked w/ just the hump and no handrail.

You'll need to adjust the cut after a few hundred miles. The hump will move about and begin to chafe on the handrail.

Do the storage mod now!!!! Look on my busa sight for the how to.

Back