Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Busa Down

That sucks man
sad.gif

How did the other rider go down?? Did he slide in your oil??

Glad no one was hurt.

Glad you had a track day, but sorry for the spill. Hopefully you'll get things back together quickly and ridin' again.

Sorry to hear about the wreck and glad your OK, well as OK as you can be knowing your OK but the bike isn't. Interested in some more info on your crash as I will be at PIR with the Busa on June 23rd. Since the pegs fold back as they touch, did you just have enough weight on the peg that the energy transfered through it instead of folding back? How fast were you going? How did the second bike crash, oil? Do you think sliders would have helped? TIA
wink.gif

Sorry to hear about the wreck and glad your OK, well as OK as you can be knowing your OK but the bike isn't. Interested in some more info on your crash as I will be at PIR with the Busa on June 23rd. Since the pegs fold back as they touch, did you just have enough weight on the peg that the energy transfered through it instead of folding back? How fast were you going? How did the second bike crash, oil? Do you think sliders would have helped? TIA
wink.gif
I spilled oil from the exit of turn 3 almost 1/2 way to turn 4... it will probably be good by june 23rd... but not sure... maybe take an inside line on 3...

Remove your peg "feelers"... is all I will say as to the peg situation.
If you are going fast enough to scrape the bottom of your peg... you should be dragging knee first.

Speed: I was looking through the corner... not at my speedometer.
The guy that hit me had a laptimer on his bike and was right behind me for 2 laps supposedly and was quoted as saying "I was running about 1:22 for a track time."

The second bike in the video I have was less then a bike length behind me heading into the corner. And staying on my line. When I lost it he was simply too close in a NON-RACE training environment and I am sure checked up and lost it himself. there were people 2 bike lengths back that didn't have any problem avoiding it. He was too close.

Sliders probably would have helped... but my bike barrel once and then slid down the track from the accounts I have heard... I only saw pavement.. earth... sky.. earth.. sky... earth...

<!--EDIT|Crispin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117171544 -->

MAN THAT SUCKS!! Glad you are OK. I'm doing the Jinxter suspension tweek after I get back from my trade shows next week. It is kind of cool that it was captured on film!

Sorry to hear about the crash, but at least you're ok to talk about it.

glad it was in a controlled environment...and that nothing more than pride was hurt. Imagine if it was on the street and it was a big 'ol SUV that was behind ya instead of a bike...
wow.gif

Glad yer alright.

Sorry about the crash, but glad to hear you're OK

glad you and the other guy didn't get hurt. sorry to hear about the bikes

Top Bottom