Another Busa Down

Thanks everyone! I never really got to look at the bike, the highway patrolman snapped the pics for me at the scene w/ my iphone. The tow company hauled it off and its sitting in the impound lot now. Did you notice my radar detector in the picture hanging there, looks like it survived!:laugh:

Speaking of my iPhone, it was in the pocket on the same side I landed on initially, it wrinkle and scuffed up the protector film I had on the screen, took that off and it still looks and works like new...amazing!

I think th 3k estimate that was in the article was just the officer on the scenes off the cuff guesstimate. No way it could be fixed for that amount.

I was wondering if the insurance gives you an offer for what they think the repair/replacement cost will be, is that the final word or can you dispute it? Just wondering, I'm worried they may stick me with some low ball estimate.

Also is it a normal practice of the insurance company to offer you to buy back the wrecked bike after they settle with you? It would be nice to get some of the good parts from her.

Thanks again for the kind words... Im happy to be alive and Im feeling good right now popping percocet like candy.:beerchug:

Here are a few more pics of the carnage, the damage doesnt seem that bad on the left. Note the dent on the front of the tank, I think thats where Im getting the groin pain from...ouch! Also, something doesnt look right with my wrist, ya think?...:whistle:

crash1.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

crash4.jpg

Ranger,

I am sure you know this already and it is obvious, but that was totally unavoidable. Glad you are ok, like everyone said, the bike can be replaced buddy. Just another opportunity to work on a new one :beerchug:

posted the same time you were posting those pics, :wtf: holy cow!! I would say that wrist is broken wouldn't you? ouch.....

If your not happy with an estimate you can have another independant estimate done.
Also can have dealer do one.
This will be highest one and give you best negotiating power.

At least its yourleft wrist.
It will be alot easier and less downtime learning how to hold on and squeeze clutch than twist throttle.
A broken right wrist is a mutha trying to turn the gas !

If the bike does come out totalled you should have op to remove non stock parts you personally installed.
Are those your HID ballasts hanging there ?
Lots of little pieces and parts you can get and ebay for new mods on new bike ! :thumbsup:

Any plate/ poss #s/ descrip of vehicle ?
Can and will find him !

Ranger, good to hear you are OK, that is all that really matters. I can't agree with you more regarding the gear, it's amazing the protection it can and does provide.

Are those your HID ballasts hanging there ?
Lots of little pieces and parts you can get and ebay for new mods on new bike ! :thumbsup:

Any plate/ poss #s/ descrip of vehicle ?
Can and will find him !

The only mods I have are the HID's, slip-ons and the touring screen. the pipes are cheap, the other stuff I hope to just claim.

As far as the fleeing vehicle goes, I didn't see him at all, the other witnesses say that they didn't see him either, all they saw was me plowing into the back of the Durango. I am almost thinking the guy made that up and he was just going over the road cones to beat the other traffic and didn't see me. But since no one can dispute what he said the officer had to take it as fact.

pics look pretty rural but are there any banks or gas stations near by with cams that could offer more light on what happened and who did what ?

Wow. Glad you are fairly ok. Yea...you have him beat in the damage department:whistle:

Hopefully this was one intersection where cameras are.

Good to hear that you are generally okay. Hopefully the wrist will heal and rehab well and you'll be back in the saddle by mid summer on a nice new ride! Good luck.

Completely Sucks that you crashed... big woooo hooo in the fact your had your gear on and you came out almost unscathed... Glad your still with us....

cap

Glad to see your okay, accidents around 60 really suck. Yeah that paper's estimate of $3000 is way off, but your insurance guys should know that. Good luck with getting it all straight, will be praying for ya!

Ranger when you can handle a little humor let me know ?
???

Again for now just happy your posting about your accident and walking away instead of a relative posting your obit !

Wow, cool picture of your wrist! Glad you came out OK with nothing more serious...as well it could have been. ATGAT, you can never tell when the unexpected is going to happen. Sorry about the scooter, certainly looks like she has been trashed. Heal up and get ready for a new ride.

Back