An old pic of my Father was found

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
The pic, taken sometime in the 1950's shows my father handing members of the Atomic Energy Comission resistors. Standing next to my father is Dale Electronics founder George Risk.

In the 50's the Atomic Energy Commission handled everything atomic, including bombs. My oldest brother remembers this pic being in the Columbus,Nebraska newspaper. This was a photo-opportunity for Dale Electronics

This pic was found in the Dale Electronics archives, my father was their original vice president back in the 1950's, before starting his own business. My father passed away in 1982.

Dale is one of the world largest resistor manufacturers, one of my brothers still works for them.

A blast from the past for sure!

Atomic Energy Comission Link:

United States Atomic Energy Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vishay/Dale Electronics Link:

Vishay Dale - Vishay Brands

AEC2.jpg

Last edited:
How cool is this! I can't imagine anyone thinking history is boring especially when it directly touches your family.

Thats a great shot. Get that blown up to 8x10 or something and frame that!

My brother(who works at Dale), got this from a little old lady who,(still works there), she worked with my father in the 1950's.

My brother was given the original pic, I might have to fight him for it :laugh:

Through the wonders of Modern Technology we can see what was actually taking place. :laugh:

Robot Dad.jpg

Last edited:
Back