Amy Winehouse found dead.

newman

Registered
Just heard on the news that Amy Winehouse has been found dead.
It's unexplained at the moment.
A shock but not really unexpected.
R.I.P.

Unexplained... I can make a VERY good assumption on how this girl died.. Sad. Just plain sad what a waste of a life with potential...

RIP.
Shame everyone can watch someone slip away and nobody has the power to stop it except the person in trouble.

I liked that she didn’t appear to come from the same mold of corporate produced crap. What do I mean by that: the entertainment industry has become very similar to any other industry; they fabricate a product based solely on profitability. A figure is created and promoted via extensive marketing to maximize the sale of records and merchandizing.

Winehouse's popularity seemed to rise based on talent and an appealing act. Toss in a few scandals brought on by questionable behavior and you get noticed. These days, most of the others out there simply fit the suit (jonny bravo) with a skillfully created image, and extensive training in 'lip syncing'. It’s a shame musical acts are no longer created from talent as was the case in the 50’s thru the 80’s with a splash of the early 90’s.

One last note: she had a nice set.

I liked that she didn’t appear to come from the same mold of corporate produced crap. What do I mean by that: the entertainment industry has become very similar to any other industry; they fabricate a product based solely on profitability. A figure is created and promoted via extensive marketing to maximize the sale of records and merchandizing.

Winehouse's popularity seemed to rise based on talent and an appealing act. Toss in a few scandals brought on by questionable behavior and you get noticed. These days, most of the others out there simply fit the suit (jonny bravo) with a skillfully created image, and extensive training in 'lip syncing'. It’s a shame musical acts are no longer created from talent as was the case in the 50’s thru the 80’s with a splash of the early 90’s.

One last note: she had a nice set.

I don't really agree with this at all. I think the only reason she was famous at all was because she was bad news. Or good NEWS depending on how you read that. We all love a failure, and she was it. Nobody cares who's happily married, people want to know the break-up stories. Same thing with her. Her one song was pretty much a fluke, and she was just a party girl that the media adored finding problems with...

As much as you don't want to hear it, Lady GaGa is most likely the only talent left in the music industry. She's just odd is all. But without the oddity, would we have ever known her talent? You may not like her, but you can't deny her talent.

Amy Winehouse was a joke, and the medias dream come true...

I don't really agree with this at all. I think the only reason she was famous at all was because she was bad news. Or good NEWS depending on how you read that. We all love a failure, and she was it. Nobody cares who's happily married, people want to know the break-up stories. Same thing with her. Her one song was pretty much a fluke, and she was just a party girl that the media adored finding problems with...

As much as you don't want to hear it, Lady GaGa is most likely the only talent left in the music industry. She's just odd is all. But without the oddity, would we have ever known her talent? You may not like her, but you can't deny her talent.

Amy Winehouse was a joke, and the medias dream come true...

You MUST be referring to a different music industry than the one I'm familiar with. Or you're only familiar with the stuff the top 40 garbage stations shove down your throat.

There is a ton of talent in the industry, just don't ask me how the stuff that gets radio and video time is decided. I hear this stuff and wonder.... really?? There are people who really, seriously listen to this??? And enjoy it!?

I swear it has to be some sort of joke. Someone high up the ladder who decides what gets on the air is laughing histerically. "Oh hey, I bet you guys 5 bazillion dollars I can take this no talent clown and make people love them! I'll just put it on the tv and my radio station and play it over and over and over" Then somehow the people eat this stuff up and he's sitting in his high back chair laughing madly watching his bank account endlessly expand. Well... that's the picture that plays through my head anyway. How else do you explain autotune?

Sorry about the long winded off topic rant. I hate the radio.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now a member of the "27 club". Along with Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Roger McKernan.
All who died when they were 27 years old.

Back