Ammunition Stablity Video

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Testing video done by SAMMI. VERY informative and worth watching. Bottom line Ammo not inside chamber is VERY STABLE.

I'm just sitting here trying to calculate how much money in today's ammo dollars the spend on these test....Griding under the bulldozer and cookoff were the most interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good video. Thanks for sharing. Sent a link to my buddy who is the Cheif of my old department. Him and I use to work for Bass Pro Shops back when they first opened here.

Well most home arsenals are safe I think. Not sure how many individuals would have 250,000 rounds laying around in a semi truck trailer and even if they did catch fire...looked like no big deal. (Other than the heart ache of watching it burn!)

Well most home arsenals are safe I think. Not sure how many individuals would have 250,000 rounds laying around in a semi truck trailer and even if they did catch fire...looked like no big deal. (Other than the heart ache of watching it burn!)

Whoa, everyone else doesnt have one? :laugh:

Good vid, love the Narrator, hes in every safety vid it seems.

That some local tax dollars paid for.....

Blanca, I would be willing to bet a good chunk of change that the ammo used here was not purchased with tax dollars but donated by manufacturers who are members of SAAMI. Notice that there were many different manufacturers represented in the test.
Just my thoughts. I could be wrong.

Back