am i jerk?

superbusaman

Registered
well i was looking for a hugger for my fz1 and found this guy who sells them. 160 shipped. was the cheapest i found. so i emialed him told him i wanted one. well i guess he orders from the UK and it was gonna be like a month. well in the mean time i found one on ebay, brand new from yamaha 90 shipped. so i got it. know this other guy just emailed me and told me my hugger was in. so i just saved myself 70 and didnt have to wait any longer. so i emailed him(lied) told him my brother bought me one for my bday. so was this a d*ck move?

well i was looking for a hugger for my fz1 and found this guy who sells them. 160 shipped. was the cheapest i found. so i emialed him told him i wanted one. well i guess he orders from the UK and it was gonna be like a month. well in the mean time i found one on ebay, brand new from yamaha 90 shipped. so i got it. know this other guy just emailed me and told me my hugger was in. so i just saved myself 70 and didnt have to wait any longer. so i emailed him(lied) told him my brother bought me one for my bday. so was this a d*ck move?
YES

Hell be honest with him tell him you bought one for cheap...i would have told him i found one cheaper...what can he do in the world of retail its you snooze you lose

Yeah, I think you ganked him.
sad.gif
Should've at least told him the truth - maybe call him when you found the cheaper one and told him if he couldn't match the price you would go else where; then if he can't compete - that's his problem. Now he's stuck with an overpriced hugger that he probably had to pay for since it was coming from the UK. Live and learn, I guess - how would you feel if he had done that to you?
Just my .02

Not sure I would've done that either. Just tell him the truth, what's the worse he can do? He didn't have your credit card info, did he? If not, he couldn't of charged you for anything.

oh well... I woulda done the same thing

Just let him know you found an inexpensinve one, I'm sure he'll understand. Although it was kind of shady, but hey, no harm done.

as soon as you saw the one on ebay, you should've notify the other guy asap. so to answer your question w/o knowing all the facts, i would say yes but i'm sure both of you will get over it soon.

If I'd of found something I wanted or liked in the meantime, I would have still recieved the original item in good faith and sucked up the loss on a re-sale.

But's thats just me.:;):

A month! Hell., its a dog eat dog world out there. It,s all good bro, he will just send it back and get credit for it.

Yeah you worked him....I would have called him and said that you found another one and that you didn't want to wait a month.

well u gotta do what u gotta do
u made a deal in good faith but continued
to shop and buy from someone else

Think of it this way what if you waited and without a e-mail
or nothing the dude sells your peice yo say someone who'd pay more what would you do then.

My Dad always says stick with your deal good or bad ir you burn bridges as u go well you know we meet a lot of people coming up and the same people on the way down.
and what goes around comes around
plus it's easter resurection weekend
Treat people as u would want to be treated now I'll pass the colection plate around blessed is the gift and the giver

ho ho Lannie Settles

Back