ALMOST ready for paint. Need some help.

Lyrikz

Registered
All my plastics and inners are ready for paint. Only thing not done is the gas tank...

Im going to do the usual sand and get it nice and smooth, but i have some questions.

Do i use anything special to clean the tank with before painting to make sure alllll the gas is off...

And will gas vapors effect the painting process??? Say the gas tank wasnt taped up enough or sealed all the way.. I got about 90% of the gas out of the tank.. I cant seaem to get anymore out at all, but i can still hear a little sloshing in there..

SO, if i tape up the gas neck really good and the bottom nozzle, then i clean, sand, clean and paint, i should be ok right???

Let me know guys.

PS: i got my decals from tapeworks.. Man, nice nice work... I will have pics of everything really soon.

I know some guys who paint them even with w little fuel in them but, I would use an air hose to get it all out. We just taped up the top and bottom after sanding, wiped it down with MEK(Methyl Ethyl Ketone), you can use Denatured Alcohol, checked everything with tack cloths and shoot. This is done in a heated booth.

I know some guys who paint them even with w little fuel in them but, I would use an air hose to get it all out. We just taped up the top and bottom after sanding, wiped it down with MEK(Methyl Ethyl Ketone), you can use Denatured Alcohol,  checked everything with tack cloths and shoot. This is done in a heated booth.
Ok, sweet... I cant seem to get all of the gas out... I thought i would be easy to empty a tank. ahah... I can pull the fuel pump off, but i really dont want to fug with that..

Ok, so i will do what i had planned.

Thanks man

Back