Almost PMS Time. How do you cope?

Dennis The Menace

Donating Member
Registered
The way the weather is going for a fast dive up here, I am anticipating putting
the bike away in less than a month.

Soon I will be suffering from severe PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome).
My wife says I become pretty moody sometimes.

It will be especially bad this year since I have only had my Busa for a few weeks.
And the last thing I want to do is stop riding.

I know there are alot of owners on here that can ride year round.... you guys
don't know how lucky you are.

But for those that have to put your bike away. What are some of the things you
do to get through the winter.....

Here are a few of mine.

1. New bike show is usually the beginning of December here.
That usually gets me through Christmas.

2. Of course there will be the endless hours on here.

3. Some modding. My little workshop gets too bloody cold.

4. Then there is the planning for the annual Daytona race party.
(that Jan to March stretch is a bugger)

5. After Daytona I'm usually good for a couple more weeks, then I start to watch the
weather channel like a mad man. Waiting for the first chance to pull her out.

Midol helps me...oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
shutup.gif

Yeah, I just take trips to the garage and start Caesar up some times, sit on him for a while, vrooooom, vrooooom then cover him back up and hope spring comes early
please.gif

Oh yeah, and I park here on the oRg...see my post count?! That's from my battle with PMS...
woot.gif

I never store any of my bikes for the winter. Just in case a freek nice day happens. Just change the oil and keep the battery tender on. Always ready to ride.

thank god I'm in Texas where wearing thermals will get me through the winter... except on our annual snow day when I gotta take the car. ( sometimes a couple of ice days too )

I know there are alot of owners on here that can ride year round....  you guys
don't know how lucky you are.
laugh.gif
 I choose to live here. Believe it or not you probably choose where you live too. So, I wouldn't call it luck as much as priority alignment.
I would...choose to live some place warmer.  But my boss.... sorry I mean warden....
um....  wife... thats right... won't move.
You could still move. I'm sure you could find a wife in a warmer climate.

We don't "winterize" the bikes. We make sure they get started or run about once a week. Got all the cold weather gear too - gotta love Gerbings! If it's not snowing or icy, we might go out for a ride... it may not be a long one but it's still a ride!

Let Hank out...
corner2.png
boxing.gif
with VaB's
try not to be
ban.gif

This year I have on list.
For Busa:
Braided lines
Traxxion front forks
R/R fluids
Roadlok or alarm
stem mount for chatterbox/ipod/etc.

For Dirt Bikes:
mud riding
R/R fluids
suspension on mine
tires on my pals

those are rfantasy plans, reality says new seals on Busa and full tear down/inspection/detailing on everything that rolls.

Here in the Pacific Southwest, we feel REALLY REALLY BAD for all of you that will soon be parking your Busa's due to weather-related limitations on your ability to ride the rides, wheelie the wheelies, stoppie the stoppies, cruise the cruises, break the sound barrier, and track day the track days...........

"SO".....I will make it my mission this winter to TAKE MORE PICTURES, and share them with you !!!!!!!
super.gif

Back