Almost killed a man with my bare hands!!!!

Take it seriously and get some help before you end up with some restraining order or up on assault charges and really mess up your life.
FWIW

My thoughts exactly... You didn't get hemmed up and thrown in the slammer this time but what about next time?

i'd worry less about jail time and more about oh...i dunno....getting killed!

I'm all for a good fight, but just snapping for no reason and choking someone is hardly a good fight.

I don't know if you felt comfortable acting out like that cause you knew the folks and figured knives and bullets wouldn't aquaint themselves with your insides...but had the guy you choked pulled a gun and shot you, it's self defense. Your fam will be without you all because you couldn't control youself, not worth it.

Flip someone off in Cali and you'll possibly take automatic gun fire, not everyone responds to azzholes flipping them off here in L.A... That is definitely something to keep in mind if you visit out here... Brendan just responded as expected to the initial provocation (Which is covered here in Cali under 415 P.C. as a misdemeanor)

this isn't a competition of who lives in the worse area...I think we all can agree that cali has more **** heads with something to prove than indiana. And to assume that jumping on a guys car and thumping him in the head is the "expected" response to getting flipped off....GROW UP. Any idiot who ever tries to pull someones car door open because the bird hurt his feelings THAT bad needs to remove himself from society.

this isn't a competition of who lives in the worse area...I think we all can agree that cali has more **** heads with something to prove than indiana. And to assume that jumping on a guys car and thumping him in the head is the "expected" response to getting flipped off....GROW UP. Any idiot who ever tries to pull someones car door open because the bird hurt his feelings THAT bad needs to remove himself from society.

IMO,The person that goes around flipping people off should be the one to grow up.. Not to say I haven't done that before, but when I did I knew that it can and sometimes will provoke a violent response, and I was prepared to deal with that. I don't think people really understand what they are doing, or they are in most cases just a beeyotch when they flip you off. Would they do it if you were face to face ?? I think in most instances probably not. There is a reason why that type of behavior is against the law, and if you are able to let it roll off your back good for you, but if you do it to someone who doesn't let it roll, be prepared for what may happen. As far as you stating that you could take a double tap to the chest for someone climbing on your car and hitting you through the sunroof ?? Why not just close the sunroof and see what happens from there ?? Do you think the shooting would be justified if it was the initial response to a simple battery ?? Two wrongs don't make a right, I was just trying to show what may happen just like you were.. :beerchug:

IMO,The person that goes around flipping people off should be the one to grow up.. Not to say I haven't done that before, but when I did I knew that it can and sometimes will provoke a violent response, and I was prepared to deal with that. I don't think people really understand what they are doing, or they are in most cases just a beeyotch when they flip you off. Would they do it if you were face to face ?? I think in most instances probably not. There is a reason why that type of behavior is against the law, and if you are able to let it roll off your back good for you, but if you do it to someone who doesn't let it roll, be prepared for what may happen. As far as you stating that you could take a double tap to the chest for someone climbing on your car and hitting you through the sunroof ?? Why not just close the sunroof and see what happens from there ?? Do you think the shooting would be justified if it was the initial response to a simple battery ?? Two wrongs don't make a right, I was just trying to show what may happen just like you were.. :beerchug:

easy answer....guy on my car punching me after trying to pull my door open....uhhh yup he'd get a lethal lead injection...jury wasn't out on that very long at all.:thumbsup:

easy answer....guy on my car punching me after trying to pull my door open....uhhh yup he'd get a lethal lead injection...jury wasn't out on that very long at all.:thumbsup:

I wouldn't disagree with you there, but out here our liberal juries and ambitious DA's definitely would.. :beerchug:

FYI guys, I did not post to to brag about what I did. I know what I did was wrong, but the reason for my post was to see if anyone had experienced something like this. I associate this behavior with someone that has just came from a warzone, that is having flashbacks about someone trying to kill them. Anyhow, I was wondering if I should try to go for some kind physcoanalysis? I don't want this to become common behavior for myself. Thanks guys for all the responses.:bowdown:

FYI guys, I did not post to to brag about what I did. I know what I did was wrong, but the reason for my post was to see if anyone had experienced something like this. I associate this behavior with someone that has just came from a warzone, that is having flashbacks about someone trying to kill them. Anyhow, I was wondering if I should try to go for some kind physcoanalysis? I don't want this to become common behavior for myself. Thanks guys for all the responses.:bowdown:

Doesn't hurt to ask bro! Get it checked out once. No worries.

Do onto others! WWJD!

Do onto others? Uh, like poop onto them?
monkey_poo.gif
:poke::laugh:

If I may be so bold as to jump in here again...

no, his reaction in this situation is NOT "Fine" as stated. It's very wrong, needs to be called as such, and straitened out. No offense to the original poster's situation.

Look at it from the OTHER side. Not being there knowing the FULL story on both sides, makes accurate assumptions impossible..... that said...

it's late at night, some mad guy BARGES into a house coming in after his drunk wife... for all people there know - and perhaps the guy that got choked - thought maybe the intruder was a pissed off ex boyfriend or husband here to abuse or kill his wife. That is NOT an unreasonable assumption. I would DEFINITELY try to intervene to find out "what the problem here" was, rather than stand idly by while some guys abuses or even maybe kills his wife. The response of getting mad at that guy and choking him is incorrect for all we know he wanted to save her life. Granted, maybe his tone was ruff or hard since he was puffing up to fight in a potential life threatening situation.

Still too much of the story missing to make praise for the response.
Was the guy hitting on your wife? Now or in the past? making you already mad at him?
Was this drinking party leading to infidelity?
Are there deeper issue in the past with the relationship with the wife?

Still way too much unknown to cause a choking to occur. But, that's my input FWIW or not

Last edited:
Back