Almost killed a man with my bare hands!!!!

If I may be so bold as to jump in here again...

no, his reaction in this situation is NOT "Fine" as stated. It's very wrong, needs to ba called as such, and straitened out. No offense to the original poster's situation.

Look at it from the OTHER side. Not being there knowing the FULL story on both sides, makes assumptions important..... that said...

it's late at night, some mad guy BARGES into a house coming in after his drunk wife... for all people know - and perhaps the guy that got choked - thought maybe the intruder was a pissed off ex boyfriend or husband here to abuse or kill his wife. That is NOT an unreasonable assumption. I would DEFINITELY try to intervene to find out "what the problem here" was, rather than stand idly by while some guys abuss or even maybe kills his wife. The response of getting mad at that guy and choking him is incorrect for all we know he wanted to save her life. Granted, maybe his tone was ruff or hard since he was puffing up for a potential life threatening situation.

Still too much of the story missing to make praise for the response.
Was the guy hitting on your wife? Now or in the past? making you already mad at him?
Was this drinking party leading to infidelity?
Are there deeper issue in the past with the relationship with the wife?

Still way too much unknown to cause a choking to occur. But, that's my input FWIW or not

good point. i had invisioned a story of the poster being the underdog and ganged up on so to speak.

every time I turn on the TV some husband has just OFFED his wife or Ex and then himself. There has GOT to be reasons why that kind of thing happens. It's not so rare, but, of course it "only happens to other people". We are ALL the other people.

every time I turn on the TV some husband has just OFFED his wife or Ex and then himself. There has GOT to be reasons why that kind of thing happens. It's not so rare, but, of course it "only happens to other people". We are ALL the other people.

i blame lawyers and aliens

Guys that is the thing, He did not do anything other than ask me in a inappropriate tone is there something wrong. I was pissed that my wife was silly drunk, but this guy pushed me over the top for some reason. I have never lost it like that. It kind of scared me cause I have never lost it like that before. My military and bench press workouts came in handy last night:rofl: Backstory: I was already pissed that my wife called me at 1am saying that she was drunk and needed me to come pick her up. When I went to the house they would not let me in because they said they did not know me, mind you I have been over there at least 20 times in the past. Thereafter walking in the house some guy keep looking at me like I had raped his mother. I kept walking to the back were my wife was. Once I get back there next thing I know the same guy is behind me asking is there a problem? Before I knew it, the guy was hanging from my right hand.:laugh: But it was so surreal. Almost like a dream.

Had to think about this one, after reading the rest of the posts. Yeah, I would be pissed just walking through the front door since my wife is out getting silly drunk and then get some flak at the door when I came to claim her. Don't know how I could have made it come out any different, there would definitely have been some kind of a confrontation. Glad cooler heads prevailed and kept you from doing any great bodily injury and causing yourself more grief.

Last edited:
>"Anyhow, I was wondering if I should try to go for some kind physcoanalysis? I don't want this to become common behavior for myself."<

Yes, if what you've posted is all that happened. When challenged at the door, did you explain that you were her husband? Did you explain that to the dude before you grabbed him? If your wife wasn't in any obvious immediate danger, IMO you've got a mental problem that may easily get worse w/o treatment.

I had this problem when I was younger, testosterone is a hell of a drug. It took a long time and an ever concious effort to repress my "snapping" ability. I knew I was in trouble when I tried to fight an off duty cop. And I knew he was an off duty cop. The funny part to me now is being around the people I am around everyday didn't know me back then and they tell me I am the most positive and freindly person they know. However I spend a lot of time on the heavy baack because of these same people. You just have to find your own control factor but don't forget to find your relief factor to. You can not bottle that crap up for ever. The hardest part is turning it off in situations. Once you get that down the control thing is easy. Frustrating, but easy. For me when ever I started getting angry I would go find a pretty girl that I didn't know and try to start a conversation and act as close to my normal self as possible. Got a lot of girls through those years. Struck out with a lot of girls through those years to. Just find what works for you.

I don't think I have ever witnessed so many tough guys in one place? One common characteristic of tough guys seems to be their lack of realization that death is perminant. You get no second chance. All the tough guys I have known over my long life either ended up dead or in prison.

For our big burly friend who posted this thread, you got free one this time. Keep in mind the next little fella you grab by the throat and yard his feet off the ground, just may cap you twice through the brisket before you can choke the life out of him?

Usually someone that brags how tough they are usually aren't that tough at all.
Its the quiet one ya have to look out for.

It takes a lot more to provoke me, but I will end up snapping if someone keeps pushing. I don't argue or threaten, just tear into the offender. Maybe it was those two combat tours? ???

Back