All the sudden you realize how small you are...

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
On this earth when an earthquake happens. I'm absolutely in awe at the video footage from Japan that has already been released. To see from the air the wall of water swallowing whole buildings in what looks like a slow pudding kind of movement gives it no justice. On the ground that water is coming fast! To see huge , I mean huge fishing boats getting tossed , run into each other and forced miles inland like toys is incredible. Big wall of water flowing right thru towns and it just keeps going. You see in some of the videos cars flying down the road in what looks like an escape attempt? The footage inside buildings and news rooms with the place shaking like crazy is amazing! Man the species builds some really tough stuff doesn't he? Amazing the buildings don't just immediately collapse and flatten. This is just hours after and we are seeing an incredible amount of jaw dropping video.
What the news orgs are not saying or making clear is , is the video we are seeing of the time after the earthquake hit after the tsunami warning was issued and folks had time to leave or what? All these homes and buildings getting carried away, do they have people inside them or did they have enough warning to get outta dodge?

i'm afraid a lot of those buildings had people in them...there is no way they wouldn't be filming roads packed with people in cars trying to get away if they had received a warning in time to get out and drive away...instead, there is just a solitary car or truck every once in a while on the film...i know if i knew it was coming, i wouldn't be poking down the road and suddenly getting washed away...i would have Lucy's throttle pinned and be heading up the closest mountain...the folks that are going to have to clean this up are going to take some bad memories to their graves

im worried about that nuclear power plant that is overheating

me too, hopefully, the airship we sent over with coolant will be able to help, and the people on the ground will be able to help, and our prayers will help, and everything will be okay- they surely dont need anymore drama over there: earthquakes and tsunami's are plenty!

i'm afraid a lot of those buildings had people in them...there is no way they wouldn't be filming roads packed with people in cars trying to get away if they had received a warning in time to get out and drive away...instead, there is just a solitary car or truck every once in a while on the film...i know if i knew it was coming, i wouldn't be poking down the road and suddenly getting washed away...i would have Lucy's throttle pinned and be heading up the closest mountain...the folks that are going to have to clean this up are going to take some bad memories to their graves

Thats what makes me wonder though?
Maybe these vids are long after everyone has left and we only see the single idiot holdout trying to flee late ?
I certainly hope these homes and buildings weren't just full as during a normal day?

I saw some footage where the tsunami wave of water had debris on it and that debris was on fire. I couldn't imagine seeing something like that coming at me. When natural events defy physics it just amazes me. Prayers to everyone in Japan.

I actually heard where they said the water went in shore 3 miles. That is unreal. We better thank someone everynight how lucky we are.:please:

I actually heard where they said the water went in shore 3 miles. That is unreal. We better thank someone everynight how lucky we are.:please:

Was just watching the news and they said 6 miles ?!
Heck I'm less than 3 to the beach here. Does make you worry and wonder same time. Florida is fricking flat and I think the same Tsunamis that hit Japan would go farther inland here than they did there. Obv we don't have same earthquake threat they do but there is an Atlantic fault line.

The ironic part about the nuclear reactor is that they can't get water to the fuel rods to cool them off...

I think this is the most incredible picture I have seen today... This looks like a movie scene...

lg_hrzgal_36_rt.jpg

lg_hrzgal_36_rt.jpg

Watch yellowstone.... We're next

or the New Madrid fault that made the Mississippi River run backwards in 1812 and some have predicted will have an event the magnitude of the Haiti earthquake (7.0) in the next 50 years, it's just a matter of time

I was lucky enough to live on the 6th floor! I did'nt have to evacuate. We really did'nt get hit here in Okinawa the water just rised about a meter. I made sure the busa made it to the 6th floor along with my buddy's bike. We were in tsunami warning the whole afternoon until early morning.:laugh:

busa.JPG

I was wondering myself last night if they had any warning of it over there. So sad.
some of the ones in the past you look at the videos and there are people out close to the water or on the beach wanting to see this wave, I mean come on. as stated if I was in the position and a warning was issued I would be long gone soon as I heard it.

Back