All state insurance on my 08 busa(CHEAPPPP!!!)

You guy on allstate are in for a rude awakening when god forbid something happens.

like what? alot of time the agent makes a difference. ive know my agent for quite a while. ive had a few claims and never had 1 issue. alot of people mark out to state farm and i wouldnt let them insure my sons big wheel

I am 24 and live in Michigan with a clean driving record, have been driving and on a policy since I was 16. I have 2 bikes on my police. 08 hayabusa and 06 gsxr1000. All I have are PLPD+ comprehensive (fire/act of god/deer collision and theft) with $1000 deductible and I am paying a little over 200 a month. It just seems so expensive to me. I had full coverage on my 85 nighthawk 700 for $40 a month. Whole different type of bike though.

-Justin

After reading how cheap all state was for some I gave them a call, they want triple what SF charges me a month. Crazy, but it was worth a shot.

I recommend everyone and anyone to State Farm. I've had dozen's of people switch to my agent in Toledo.

With the multi-car discout(Truck and Bike), I pay $33.50 per month, so $402 a year full coverage with $500 deductible. I also have a completely clean record

Committed said:
I have state farm and pay $40 a month for an '11 hayabusa with $1k deductible. No tickets, yet.....

Why the hell did i get quoted 187/month from state farm...

I am 29 & havnt had a moving violation since probably 05 and never had one on a bike

Sent from my GT-I9100 from across the pond using Forum Runner

Liberty Mutual. Just renewed (again) $344 per year with $250 deductibles.. :beerchug: I'm 37, so that helps..

You guys are getting a $1k deductible for a bike that's why your payments are low and your getting full coverage. May I ask for what? If you wreck your bike what is insurance gonna do for you when the first G is coming out of your pocket? If your wreck is bad enough they are going to total it out anyway. If you "drop" it....you pay the G (which you're not going to do, you won't file a claim and you'll fix it yourself). Lower the deductible and the payment will go up, or I would suggest go with liability = real low payment.

You guys are getting a $1k deductible for a bike that's why your payments are low and your getting full coverage. May I ask for what? If you wreck your bike what is insurance gonna do for you when the first G is coming out of your pocket? If your wreck is bad enough they are going to total it out anyway. If you "drop" it....you pay the G (which you're not going to do, you won't file a claim and you'll fix it yourself). Lower the deductible and the payment will go up, or I would suggest go with liability = real low payment.

only way ill file a claim on my bike is in a total loss or theft. otherwise ill fix it myself. theres no reason to carry the low deductible with higher premiums when you can repair damage easily yourself as you can with a bike. also i dont trust anyone around here to touch my bike. the money ive saved on the higher deductible can easily cover the $500 difference. but if the bike ended up in a total loss the money saved by liability wont cover the 7500 or whatever they will pay out on my bike.

59 with a clean driving record. No M/C claims in 42 years. Called to get a quote from SF on my 08 Busa and they said they wouldn't write just it so I threw in my f150 for the quote. The bike was slighly cheaper than progressive but the f150 was higher so it was a wash. Still around $800 a year for the Busa. No good rates from State Farm here. I went with liability only on the Busa for now for $170/year. I may check out Allstate.

Jus called statefarm today!! Wow got a hell of a deal! I was payin 130 with geico for full coverage got it for 62 a month with statefarm!! Thankz for posting about this!

Have all policies with State Farm. 2012 Busa, full coverage, $100 deductible on the comprehensive, $500 on the collision. Paying $440 for the year. Been with state Farm since I was 16, never had a single problem with them.

This is my philosophy, this bike isn't a large enough investment to warrant paying for collision coverage. If you wreck it/drop it, suck it up and pay to fix it. If you keep the bike long enough those premium payments will out weigh the cost of repair. Currently I pay less then $100 per year to cover liability, I will keep the rest of my money in my pocket thank you....:laugh:

This is my philosophy, this bike isn't a large enough investment to warrant paying for collision coverage. If you wreck it/drop it, suck it up and pay to fix it. If you keep the bike long enough those premium payments will out weigh the cost of repair. Currently I pay less then $100 per year to cover liability, I will keep the rest of my money in my pocket thank you....:laugh:

I pay $400 a year to have $100 deductible on my comprehensive. Do if I drop my bike the most I am out is a $100. As long as it does not go over $2100 in total damage cost my rates are not affected. I carry the same coverage on all my vehicle. Door on my Challenger got dinged in a parking lot, $100 and the whole side got repainted. One claim makes up for whatever I pay for in a year. But this is my experience, you have to do what you believe is best.

Just called All State:rofl::rofl::rofl: They are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! now my daughter had a speeding ticket a yr ago and she is 19 and i had a accident where i was not at fault threw out of court NOTHING ealse, I haven't had a ticket in 12-15 yrs and my wife hasn't had any since we've been married the last 19yrs lol. They wanted 5,000 every 6 months!!!!!!!!!! I have a 2012 Kia Opmtima (Turbo) 2008 Jeep Commander, 2006 Mazda3, 1994 Pontiac Trans Am, and my 2011 Hayabusa. What a joke:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just called All State:rofl::rofl::rofl: They are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! now my daughter had a speeding ticket a yr ago and she is 19 and i had a accident where i was not at fault threw out of court NOTHING ealse, I haven't had a ticket in 12-15 yrs and my wife hasn't had any since we've been married the last 19yrs lol. They wanted 5,000 every 6 months!!!!!!!!!! I have a 2012 Kia Opmtima (Turbo) 2008 Jeep Commander, 2006 Mazda3, 1994 Pontiac Trans Am, and my 2011 Hayabusa. What a joke:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's your 19 yr old daughter with a speeding ticket driving that rate. When she is on the policy it might as well just be her, your driving record doesn't count any more. My advise is to disown her immediatley....:laugh:

It's your 19 yr old daughter with a speeding ticket driving that rate. When she is on the policy it might as well just be her, your driving record doesn't count any more. My advise is to disown her immediatley....:laugh:
Well it must be just be all state then because i got a quote from state farm and it was bout the same as i have now with erie insurance (293.94 a month for 12 months) That full coverage on everything but the 94 trans am with a 250 deductable on all full coverage cars and bike. I'll stay where i'm at as of now. Been with Erie since 1984, just thought i'd check around seems how i haven't since then lol.

I just called my insurance (GMAC) for a quote on the new to me 04LE I got. About $65 a month for standard 100K/300K with 250 a month deductible. I thought that was high... all my other bikes (04CBR600F4i, 02 Dyna Wide Glide) have been ~25 a month for full coverage. The only one that wasn't is my 78 GS1000 since they won't insure anything that old full coverage.

Everyone else (Geico and some I've never heard of) has been 2-3K a year. F that. It's only costs me 5K to buy another.

Wow, guys! I don't know how some of you are getting coverage that low through state farm. I am 29 with a good driving record, been with State Farm since I was 16, one speeding ticket. They charge me 163.00 a month with a 1,000 deductable...think im getting screwed!

Back