All future intercooled bikes will have this for sure!

Some of the systems tried used a "sort of" approach to "progressive"

by porting boost pressures to the water vessel (had to do this on intercooled motors anyway due to the downstream injection)

as boost pressure comes up so did water volume (pre-boost side systems)..

The boost pressure on the bottle kept the system from blowing bubbles on the "boosted" side systems that went post intercooler..

A "blow off" also needed installed to keep from flooding the unit on shutdown..

This all had to be done "mechanically" to stay inside racing body rules.. Todays electronics? much better...
its in the mist....like NOS, thinking 900 psi...not sure on the pusher to meet the injection port.

Last edited:
I have a Cooling Mist kit on my bike, or to use on my bike anyway. My Uncles car made the same power with a meth kit and pump gas, as it did on 112octane. I will be throwing my intercooler in the trash can shortly.

I have a Cooling Mist kit on my bike, or to use on my bike anyway. My Uncles car made the same power with a meth kit and pump gas, as it did on 112octane. I will be throwing my intercooler in the trash can shortly.
Interesting :beerchug::beerchug:, have you tried to put like 100 psi behind it through a controller and aux. fuel pump ???

Last edited:
Interesting :beerchug::beerchug:, have you tried to put like 100 psi behind it through a controller and aux. fuel pump ???

No, but if you really want some crazy setup though you can buy the kit that is made for a diesel. The diesel kit on my friends truck is made to still pump with 80 psi of boost. My pump that came with the kit is the "high output" one, and was used on a turbo SRT4 with 28lbs, so it should do all I need it to. Thats a nice thought on using a fuel pump with more psi to get a better mist, and to lose this enormous pump!
Photo0308.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet, thanks Sir! what is the amp draw of that unit..hopefully no more than 3. :beerchug:

Keep them both (intercooler/meth) and add some C16. I've seen some great results on EVO's... :laugh:

Unless you are trying to stick with a pump gas setup.... :thumbsup:

Funny how OLD some of this new technology is... :rofl:

Sweet, thanks Sir! what is the amp draw of that unit..hopefully no more than 3. :beerchug:
Ya know I never even thought to look, I will get back to ya as soon as this rain stops.

Keep them both (intercooler/meth) and add some C16. I've seen some great results on EVO's... :laugh:

Unless you are trying to stick with a pump gas setup.... :thumbsup:

I am attempting a pump gas build, and I really just don't want to have to worry about packaging all that in my bike. R1's are a lil smaller than the 'Busa. Also it just doesn't make sense to put the turbo radiator, and intercooler all stacked up on each other. The last turbo R1 guy i talked with had just replaced his motor due to detonation from a slow drive through traffic, and then leaning on it a little to hard. I am using a stock motor with regapped rings, head studs, and a cometic gasket, so I would like to lesson the thing to go bad.....Although that ould be an excuse to build the motor...:whistle:

Funny how OLD some of this new technology is... :rofl:

Google Translate

The cheap version

You take a container which is presure close + 1 bar and mounting a hose in the top panel of the container to the pressure side and a second from the bottom of the container to a nozzle or two before the turbo, the right pressure, the more methanol / ethanol into
The system works and water is evaporated without turbo takes damage

Can not exactly understand the with the wiper fluid, what with the soap?

water methanol injection was originally used in WWII fighters. basically it pulls latent heat out of the air charge. 50/50 distilled water and methanol (-20 windshield wiper fluid). race gas power, race gas timing, pump gas prices. inject it post turbo, post intercooler. this was the next mod on my srt when it got phookered up.

Greg I wouldn't combine it with an intercooler
it will cause puddling in the plenum at the cooler
you also won't quite see the gains you'd like to see

If its chilled air, in a fine mist would it not help the intercooler do its job on top of the other gains or would it heat up first. ???

It would condensate on the cooler cores as the cooler dropped the temps more
and the water molecules will also take up space causing you not to gain much in hp but will be a good antidetonation but not a large if any gain in hp

Ya people have being using meth injection for years on boosted cars. The cool thing is that not only does it cool the charge, but the biggest bonus is the added octane! It turns your pump gas into 100plus octane depending on if you run it 50/50 or straight meth. You can run more boost and more timing:thumbsup: Know as the liquid intercooler

It would condensate on the cooler cores as the cooler dropped the temps more
and the water molecules will also take up space causing you not to gain much in hp but will be a good antidetonation but not a large if any gain in hp

Usually the spray nozzle is placed after the intercooler. Ive read that you want the nozzle as close to the throttle body, or bodies as possible.

Are you referring to spraying the mist onto an air to air intercooler core or spraying it into the intake tract?

I have used water / alcohol injection at 80-150psi. Injection pressure doesn't seem to make a difference.

Intake temperatures drop considerable, from high 300's to a bit over 400 degrees F in teh high 20's - low 30's psi down to the low to mid 200's.

Power did not increase in any noticable amount.

As mentioned, the way water / alcohol injection works is that the injected fluid removes heat energy from the system theough the phase change from a liquid to a gas. The issue is that water can expand up to 1700 times its volume when this phase change occurs. The expansion of the steam takes up the volume in teh intake that would be filled with free oxygen. The stem does not burn or add additional oxygen to the combustion. Goes in as steam and out as steam.

Typically water injection is used as an antiddetonation agent. One problem with it is if you tune for it, and then run out of water or a jet gets clogged or some other failure, you will likely melt the motor.

John

Last edited:
They are talking about spraying it into the intake tract, through the motor, not onto the intercooler (which from my experience pretty much does nothing)

Are you referring to spraying the mist onto an air to air intercooler core or spraying it into the intake tract?

I have used water / alcohol injection at 80-150psi. Injection pressure doesn't seem to make a difference.

Intake temperatures drop considerable, from high 300's to a bit over 400 degrees F in teh high 20's - low 30's psi down to the low to mid 200's.

Power did not increase in any noticable amount.

As mentioned, the way water / alcohol injection works is that the injected fluid removes heat energy from the system theough the phase change from a liquid to a gas. The issue is that water can expand up to 1700 times its volume when this phase change occurs. The expansion of the steam takes up the volume in teh intake that would be filled with free oxygen. The stem does not burn or add additional oxygen to the combustion. Goes in as steam and out as steam.

Typically water injection is used as an antiddetonation agent. One problem with it is if you tune for it, and then run out of water or a jet gets clogged or some other failure, you will likely melt the motor.

John

I always hated bandaids growing up

They are talking about spraying it into the intake tract, through the motor, not onto the intercooler (which from my experience pretty much does nothing)
except flood the intercooler that at some point dumps its load into the motor with possibly catastrophic results (was my comment about pooling)

We used this system in lieu of an intercooler and never had results worth the trouble of combining both.. we got the best results with dry ice and brine solution on an air/liquid exchanger... if you have hugh macinnes book on turbo charging, our dragster is in there just before we went with the air/liquid exchanger trying to get back up to speed after getting slammed by NHRA (wont even talk about our attempt at a hybrid supercharge/turbo setup.. that did not end well :laugh: )

Also NHRA might frown on some classes running the injection.. it is downright banned in any alcohol class (water ups the power output of alcohol due to expansion rates in the combustion chamber, they even check the water content of the fuel to verify it has not been hydrated)

Last edited:
Back