All 4 new Litre Bikes, Dyno'd Same day, stock

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
I am Swipping this from Streetknights.com, Some good people down here got this all together at Kinetic Motorsports In New Port Richey FL.  Job well Done...

The Results

Blue: Yamaha R1 - 144.9 HP
Red: Honda CBR 1000RR - 141.7 HP
Green: Kawasaki ZX10R - 146.4 HP
Yellow: Suzuki GSXR 1000 - 144.9 HP

All low mileage bikes...less than 700 miles on all bikes.

Check out the Dyno sheet here: StreetKnights

Wow. That is significantly less than what was tested by Motorcyclist Mag. For instance they tested teh ZX10 at 161.9 on one bike and slightly over 163 on another (same issue - seperate tests). The others are off also but I don't have the numbers in front of me. Weird. Seems fishy.

HHHHMMMM guess numbers can be boosted for sales/competition. That's interesting, wonder how the #'s were off so much. I know R1 & zx10 owners won't like that.
sad.gif

Wow. That is significantly less than what was tested by Motorcyclist Mag. For instance they tested teh ZX10 at 161.9 on one bike and slightly over 163 on another (same issue - seperate tests). The others are off also but I don't have the numbers in front of me. Weird. Seems fishy.
yes if you read al the details in the Mag though, they were pissed off. None of the manfactures sent completly stock bikes. same thing in 2 or 3 magas. just read another on the plance yesterday.

yes if you read al the details in the Mag though, they were pissed off.  None of the manfactures sent completly stock bikes.  same thing in 2 or 3 magas.  just read another on the plance yesterday.
I'd think manufacters would want true numbers. Guess sales are more important.

I don't know who is worse. The marketing people for the manufacturers or the magazines that pander to their money. All mags are so biased you can hardly trust any of them. It is a real shame. Too bad Consumer Reports has not run a test. Might be able to trust it coming from them.

Did any of you really have any doubts that the numbers would be lower then what they were attempting to claim? I remember the disucussions a few weeks back and the 161HP dyno on the 10 just didn't add up given the rest of their specs.

Its all good, manufacturers inflating numbers is only good for the initial release anyway. After the release, everyone truly knows what the truth is in the bike.

Remember a post a week or so back claiming a stock 10R with an extended swing arm was running 9.08 in the quarter. Could this really be true? This seems a little fishy to me as well for a stock bike with only extended swing arm. Don't get me wroing, I know the swing arm will let the 10 put more power to the ground, but I find it hard to beleive that a stock Busa dropped 1" and -1 in the front will run 9.4s and this 10r stock with a swing arm will run 9.08s. 4 tenths of a second is a BIG difference!

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081959401 -->

I think I want a zx10 for a second bike.....will I fit on it? (6'4", 280)
I'm sure you'll fit, with a little bit of a Mario Cart appeal LOL. With the 10's wheel base and your height you'll have to get used to riding on the back tire alone.

Seriously I'd love to have an extra toy in the stable. Gotta get a house first and pay off some bills, then I'll look for that other playmate. I'd wait a couple of months an ask one of you boys for a test drive.

Whats to correct for? Yesterday it was about 70degrees, we are at sea level, I think we are just about the standard. Besides, corrected RWHP is generally just a way to make the High Altitude folks not feel too bad about that 15% loss.

It is fairly well known that allmost all bike manufacterers build special "Press" bikes. Assembled, balanced, and tuned to perfection, sometimes cats are missing, etc... Like I said real world HP... Back to Back....

Ya'll feel a little better now? Me? I'm taking an R1 home in red, if given an opportunity...

Did any of you really have any doubts that the numbers would be lower then what they were attempting to claim? I remember the disucussions a few weeks back and the 161HP dyno on the 10 just didn't add up given the rest of their specs.

Its all good, manufacturers inflating numbers is only good for the initial release anyway. After the release, everyone truly knows what the truth is in the bike.

Remember a post a week or so back claiming a stock 10R with an extended swing arm was running 9.08 in the quarter. Could this really be true? This seems a little fishy to me as well for a stock bike with only extended swing arm. Don't get me wroing, I know the swing arm will let the 10 put more power to the ground, but I find it hard to beleive that a stock Busa dropped 1" and -1 in the front will run 9.4s and this 10r stock with a swing arm will run 9.08s. 4 tenths of a second is a BIG difference!

Cloud
Yeah, but lop off 140 or so pounds of Busa with an extended swing arm and see what kind of numbers you get. Would be interesting...

Number doesn't sound unreasonable given the light weight, high revving nature of the 10R.

Sheesh....when will these guys ever just own up to the quality of their machines and have bone stock products hit not only the dyno, but also the strip.

At least that way the can all stop bit**in to eachother about their bike's performance.

Uggh....I'm getting sick of all this hype already.

Nobody should expect the bike to meet the specs designated by most Mags when a bike first drops. I have a ZX-10 and I can tell you right now that there is no liter bike out there that can touch it period, end of story and sure as hell not the all mighty Gixxer BigDawg. As for your question Tbonebuse, hell no. I wouldn't recommend it. I am 5'10 165 and my legs are almost too long to shift comfortably on the ZX-10, plus the bike weighs less than most 600's so you will be hard pressed for speed at that weight. It is a hell of a bike though. I am still breaking mine in, so I haven't gotten a chance to really open it up, but my boy has a ZX-10 and he just raped an 04 Gixxer and an 03 R1 a couple of days ago and I am not talking about walking them down. He was clearly running more than 10 mph faster than they were and the Gixxer had a full exhaust system. hmmmm.

could that be why the zx-10 hasn't finished an AMA race yet? something about new bike bugs

Back