Alien head versus short megaphone.

B@DA$$08BUS@

Donating Member
Registered
I am torn between these two, does anyone know what the power diff is. I have spent hours online researching both. IMO it only comes down to the difference of having the removable baffle and the shape of the exhaust, including the price, it is the same. I would like all the input possible, so if any one has had experiences with both, or individual experiences would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Either one will inform every LEO for a couple miles you are coming... My TiForce is 17 times quieter and it gets loud when riding hard without ear plugs..

for my money, the few extra ponies are not worth all the racket.. my only experience with them has been spent getting in front of them :laugh:

I would sat round makes a bit more power due to flow,the alienhead looks to condense down in size slowing flow,lmk if you need one..

Last edited:
I would sat round makes a bit more power due to flow,the alienhead looks to condense down in size slowing flow,lmk if you need one..

Talked to brocks and schnitz they both said AH has better flow, so would have about 1-2 peak horsepower more.

Either one will inform every LEO for a couple miles you are coming... My TiForce is 17 times quieter and it gets loud when riding hard without ear plugs..

for my money, the few extra ponies are not worth all the racket.. my only experience with them has been spent getting in front of them :laugh:

A couple of miles only if you are taking it fairly easy, several miles if you be gettin' jiggy with it !! hahaha

You can get the streetsmart can which will swap out with the AH or SM in just a few minutes when you desire a stealthier approach..

I have the AH and love it, you just have to be very conscious of when and where to open her up and let her talk dirty, cause believe me, she will !!:laugh: :beerchug:

A couple of miles only if you are taking it fairly easy, several miles if you be gettin' jiggy with it !! hahaha

You can get the streetsmart can which will swap out with the AH or SM in just a few minutes when you desire a stealthier approach..

I have the AH and love it, you just have to be very conscious of when and where to open her up and let her talk dirty, cause believe me, she will !!:laugh: :beerchug:
yea we put a DB meter on the thing at Bash

117dba vs 101 on the TiForce..

We had a couple (AH/Brocks) on the rides we ran and we forced them to the back as they were loud enough to give us reservations about riding next too or behind any of them..

Nothing wrong with them other than just to loud to ride around...

maybe just coincidence but of all the stops that occurred by LEO's on the groups I was riding with all were on bikes with the loud pipes (one particular bike had 3 stops done to him, wanna stand up and take a bow?) :rofl:

Last edited:
yea we put a DB meter on the thing at Bash

117dba vs 101 on the TiForce..

We had a couple (AH/Brocks) on the rides we ran and we forced them to the back as they were loud enough to give us reservations about riding next too or behind any of them..

Nothing wrong with them other than just to loud to ride around...

maybe just coincidence but of all the stops that occurred by LEO's on the groups I was riding with all were on bikes with the loud pipes (one particular bike had 3 stops done to him, wanna stand up and take a bow?) :rofl:

117 , BOOOYAAAAH !! hahaha

I swapped rides with a buddy and had him run by me close to redline to get an idea of what she sounds like while riding. HOLY SHEEITE !!! hahaha Made me flinch and hunker down thinking a jet fighter was about to crash into me !! I am ordering the streetsmart can from Brock's to use when I am riding with others, and save the AH for the dragstrip and quick solo runs to my "Proving Grounds" hehehe... :thumbsup:

Good research, you summed it all up. So now it just comes down to your own personal prefrence. Either way you can't go wrong :beerchug:

I am torn between these two, does anyone know what the power diff is. I have spent hours online researching both. IMO it only comes down to the difference of having the removable baffle and the shape of the exhaust, including the price, it is the same. I would like all the input possible, so if any one has had experiences with both, or individual experiences would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

I was in email correspondence with Brocks customer service and they explained to me that the slip on systems are quieter than the full systems. I was saying earlier that I like the dual look and may just go with the dual slip on Alien head. Not only are they cheaper but, I want have to change the O2 sensors and add a power commander. Just my .02

So you do think I'm a squid :whistle: I've got the short but think the alien head looks better installed. I'll post a pic or two and a sound clip. It's really quite unless you hit the high RPMs and the short meg has a silencing plug available.

100_0933 (Medium).jpg

100_0934 (Medium).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:laugh: seems quiet to you...

I rode with 3 of the systems at the last bash... without exception.. we fought over who had to ride behind them... if you are out front (and not by much mind you) it seems quiet.. You know how us old guys are, just trying to save what is left of our hearing.. :laugh:

Angela was grateful to ride with me, no headache after ride :laugh:

Back