Alarms

cerebusa

Registered
boxing.gif
Guys, do any of the alarms out there have a back up battery in case the battery is cut when the theivery is being done? I am still getting up to speed on this but it would seem to me the easiest part would be to remove the 2 allen bolts, lift the seat then cut the battery wires the steal some ones pride and joy. I would think that if there was a back up battery then the alarm would still function. I do not know, I await the GURU's answers. Thank you, Mike...

my scorpio has a built in battery backup somewhere in it for just that purpose. as well as the "Engine kill buttons" to prevent live jacking

I sell a paging alarm called "Cyclone". Sealed waterproof latest in technology easy install and has battery back up. With the pager I feel secure about my 03 Ann Ed. I can answer most questions about alarms on the market and instalation.

I am also a dealer for MOGO Moto a theft recovery unit and GPS Tracking device. Hit me up if you are interested in securing your rides.Email me Bvonaschen@yahoo.com with "Alarm ?"in Subject.

Southern Motorsport Security
San Antonio, Texas

I had nothing but problems and rude service from scorpio and their alarm system. There's lots of better, much cheaper options that deserve your money over scorpio. Here's another one here-

Internatrix.....back up, FI/Ignition kill wired into harness.........lot of work and time just to get the bike started..............I'm not that far away from mine....ever.
super.gif

For those that have Scorpio, are you sure it is a battery back-up or is it trully a capacitor. The diference is amount of time the alarm is effective once the power wire is cut. Batteries allow for siren sounding and security functions for hours in comparison to seconds with a capacitor.

I have dissasembled many alarms in my education on security systems, therfore, I wouldn't install a Scorpio on my bike. Like mentioned previously, Scorpio support is also less then desirable.

2 Recovered with 1 GPS Theft Recovery Option!

Wow! 2 Hayabusas stolen at 7:05 am yesterday from an apartment complex.

One was equiped with my GPS Theft Recovery Unit, the other not.

My customer had his 08 chained to a post and saw it there when he left for work at 06:30 am.

He recieved a text message on his cell at 07:05 that the unit was in motion. He was in his truck so he knew he hadn't moved it. He called the police department reporting a stolen vehicle and got a report number. Then called MOGO reporting the theft and to let them know the Report number.

MOGO located it immediately, tracked it in motion while communicating with the Sherrifs office who was directing the officers responding to Theft In Progress. The officers found it with MOGO guidance at 07:38 in the back corner of another apartment complex sitting with another 'busa, this an 07 model. A quick run of the tags and low and behold both bikes were reported stolen with in that hour. Both were stolen from the same complex. Both had no damage meaning they were lifted into the haul vehicle. The Sherrifs fingerprinted the bikes and the investigation is ongoing. They released the bikes back to the owners at 11:59 am.

The 07 model owner that did not have the MOGO theft recovery unit was amazed and thankfull. He now has the unit installed on his bike.

I will have photos of the bikes where they were recovered soon.

Wow, I can't swing GPS, but I will be getting a Scorpio. Glad this worked out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guys and Gals,

I have decided to add some bling and cool to my options of accessories for your bikes. I will now offer Remote Start capabilities with a waivor signed and Remote Controlled LED light systems along with the Alarms and GPS Theft Recovery and Tracking options.

Remote Starting $400 Installed
Remote LED System $200 Installed
Basic Alarm $300 Installed
Paging Alarm $400 Installed
GPS Theft Recovery Unit $660 Installed
GPS Theft Recovery with User Interface Tracking and no monthly fees $960 Installed

PM Me if you want something!

Back