Akrapovic , Respond Please

Guclu

TurkishRiders.Org
Donating Member
Registered
I'm not happy with the stock exhaust's sound , so , I want a change , btw : I'm happy with the performance ,

I found a brand new 2 slip-on Arkropovic exhaust in a shop , I need 3 quick answers
smile.gif

Q1 : If i go with it , should i need to change the air filter and should i buy a power commander , as i stated above i don't want extra performance .

Q2 : Are these sounds really better than regulars ?

Q3 : My bike is now in break-in time , is it okay to make such change in break-in time ?

Thank you so much friends .

Q1 : No, No
Q2 : Depends on what you think better is, but I would say Yes
Q3 : Yes

I have Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Cans on mine and they not only look great, they give that deep throaty sound. I did not change anything on my bike other than just install the cans. I can't tell any difference in the way it runs. It's just for looks and sound. I actually stumbled into the cans from one of our fellow members in Georgia. I bought them both (Like New) for $400 shipped to my door. If you are looking to improve performance, not going to happen but it will increase your curb appeal and give you a deep mellow sound. The Carbon Fiber cans are very light compared to your OEM. So you will loose a few pounds of baggage which will actually improve your performance slightly.

Busa_1.JPG

Thanks for the answers , i got them from the shop hour ago , but probably i will install tomorrow , the same tubes on the Tufbusa's bike .

FULL new muzzy's can be had from ebay for close to that $400 budget and it'll actually increase your hp along with noise.

You'll need pciii sooner or later anyway.
rock.gif

You'll be happy with your choice. The sound is great and you will get compliments on them. just wait. Here's mine with the TI cans.

Picture_037b.JPG

looks cool , thanks
smile.gif
, Ti Cans looks cooler than blacky carbons , but the main thing is the sound , i think they produce same sound , tomorrow i will unplug the regular and put the carbons , i will post the photos
smile.gif

smile.gif

Well dude heres my answers for you. Should you switch the air filter? No. I had a K and N on mine for about 7,000 miles and took it off and put the stock filter back in. The bike seems to flow stronger with it for some reason. Should you buy a power commander? I say yes, not because you NEED one but it will smooth out ur idle and make yout throttle response a lot crisper. As far as the sound of the cans go yes they are immensly better than stock. And you can put cans on straight from the showroom floor with zero miles and it won't hurt anything.

Today i got some time to change them , i really love the sound , strong , low and bassy sound
smile.gif
Thank you for all your supports , i'm very glad to have them on the bike .

Back