Akrapovic Evolution Installation

Black and grey is the fastest color BTW  
wink.gif
Yea it may be the fastest color but the 2003 Copper is the sexiest!!!!!!!!!
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif
Now I am fast and sexy  
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Keep dreamin
tounge.gif

tounge.gif
just kidding,

great post and awesome info glad you got what you wanted.  You will definitely like the sound much more now, the stock pipes are way to quiet for my taste.
Thanks Lobo. This sound of this system is so fantastic that the sound files really don't do it justice. They give a nice idea of the difference though.

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Very nice. How long did it take to complete? No trouble with fit anywhere?

Very nice.  How long did it take to complete?  No trouble with fit anywhere?
I figure I had 5 1/2 to 6 hours total into the install from start to finish working on it by myself with just an occasional helping hand from my wife. The Evolution system really just fell into place and the one and only clearence issus was where one of the 4 bolts that hold the rear underwing in place had to be shortened by 1/4" to avoid hitting the midpipe. The only trick I found to the install was the order of install has to be right side header, midpipe, left side header and can. It looks to me like it is a better fit than the stock pipe actually. I guess the one gripe I could voice is that there were no instructions included but on the other hand there is really only one way it could go together. The sound quality is very distinctive and I have had one guy nearly fall over as I rolled up due to rubbernecking and tripping on a curb.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116787444 -->

I just got home from a ride with a fellow busa rider tonight and what a great time. We cruised a little and it was my firt opportunity to show off the Evo to the local sport bikers. Out of 40 bikes of all kinds, with all kinds of exhaust, my Evo blew them all away. The sound is so far beyond the other pipes that everyone was just amazed. The only down side to all this is that my buddy just had a RS-3 put on his Busa a couple days before I put mine on and I think he is sort of regretting it now. He is now kicking himself for going with the RS-3. I also got the chance to really run her a little for the first time tonight. I don't know if it is just the pipe or it and the weight savings but she is now powering the front up in second gear roll ons. Truely amazing difference. EVO EVO EVO EVO
super.gif

I thought I would put together an installation walk through of my Akrapovic Evolution system. Let me start off by saying THANK YOU to Busahaya who helped me to get the system I had been dreaming about.  
jump9.gif

This is going to take me a few days to complete because I started the tear down today and will complete the install when my system arrives at the end of the week. So check back to see it all. I am also going to post a before and after sound file, with the help of Cache, of the stock system vs. the new evolution system so you all can hear the results. Thanks for hosting the sound files Cache.

OK so here we go:

here is the stock exhaust sound file::::
stock exhaust sound file mp3

here is the krapapovic sound file:::::
Akrapovic Evolution exhaust sound file mp3

<<<<<<<<updated with 2nd sound file>>>>>>>>>
Hey Krieg,

As a hopeful soon to be Busa owner, I appreciate your work in gracing others with your knowledge. Sounds amazing.
bowdown.gif

I thought I would put together an installation walk through of my Akrapovic Evolution system. Let me start off by saying THANK YOU to Busahaya who helped me to get the system I had been dreaming about.  
jump9.gif

This is going to take me a few days to complete because I started the tear down today and will complete the install when my system arrives at the end of the week. So check back to see it all. I am also going to post a before and after sound file, with the help of Cache, of the stock system vs. the new evolution system so you all can hear the results. Thanks for hosting the sound files Cache.

OK so here we go:

here is the stock exhaust sound file::::
stock exhaust sound file mp3

here is the krapapovic sound file:::::
Akrapovic Evolution exhaust sound file mp3

<<<<<<<<updated with 2nd sound file>>>>>>>>>
Hey Krieg,

As a hopeful soon to be Busa owner, I appreciate your work in gracing others with your knowledge.  Sounds amazing.
bowdown.gif
No problem oZo and thanks for the compliment. Glad to be of some help. Good luck to you on getting your Busa soon.
biggrin.gif

Great post!! I've been trying to decide on a system and I think I'm now sold!! Unless I win the raffle for the Hindle
smile.gif

You cannot beat the hydro formed tubes and overall fit, finish and quality of the Akrapovic.

How would you compare the sound to to the dual HMF's or a Yosh system???

Great post!! I've been trying to decide on a system and I think I'm now sold!!  Unless I win the raffle for the Hindle
smile.gif

You cannot beat the hydro formed tubes and overall fit, finish and quality of the Akrapovic.

Knifemaker, I can guarantee you that you would love an Evo system. As you said the fit and finish is immaculate. The sound is totally unique too. My wife can hear my Busa from a distance and tell it from all the other aftermarket pipes out there. Akrapovic rates it at 103 decibles but due to the deep tone it isn't obnoxious. I can't compare it to the dual high mount HMF's but can say it is way deeper in tone than a single HMF or any Yosh pipe I have ever heard. My Evo pipe draws attention even when I am amongst other sport bikes as it really stands out amongst the forest of Yoshimura pipes out there. I am running a Quasar map and the gains feel substancial, now all I got to do is get the bones to do a dyno run to get some numbers
biggrin.gif
Let me know if you need any further info.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Akro Evo's sound awesome. In my opinion the best sounding pipe out there. Two of my friends have them on a ZX-12 and R-1, they make my gutted yosh RS-3 sound like a 250. The only drawback I see is the high price, but worth it if you can afford it!

Akro Evo's sound awesome. In my opinion the best sounding pipe out there. Two of my friends have them on a ZX-12 and R-1, they make my gutted yosh RS-3 sound like a 250. The only drawback I see is the high price, but worth it if you can afford it!
I totally agree Mr Brown
biggrin.gif
There are deals to be had out there if you look in the right places though. I couldn't have got into the Evo without some help from my friend Busahaya.
wink.gif

Great post!! I've been trying to decide on a system and I think I'm now sold!!  Unless I win the raffle for the Hindle
smile.gif

Knifemaker, I can guarantee you that you would love an Evo system. As you said the fit and finish is immaculate. The sound is totally unique too. My wife can hear my Busa from a distance and tell it from all the other aftermarket pipes out there. Akrapovic rates it at 103 decibles but due to the deep tone it isn't obnoxious. I can't compare it to the dual high mount HMF's but can say it is way deeper in tone than a single HMF or any Yosh pipe I have ever heard. My Evo pipe draws attention even when I am amongst other sport bikes as it really stands out amongst the forest of Yoshimura pipes out there. I am running a Quasar map and the gains feel substancial, now all I got to do is get the bones to do a dyno run to get some numbers
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!!

I've been flip flopping between and single and dual system. I'm going with the Acrapovic!

smile.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif
smile.gif
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!!

I've been flip flopping between and single and dual system.  I'm going with the Acrapovic!
You made the right decision Knifemaker
super.gif

smile.gif

Krieg,

Great post, so much so, you have convinced me to purchase and after hearing one two weeks ago purchased I was hooked on the EVO. It should be here tomorrow and I was wondering about the Quasar map you had mentioned. I have a USB PC III and i'll be using a K&N filter, Pair valve removed and a TRE. Will this map work with this setup?

Once again great post and thanks for all you effort.

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122320528 -->

Krieg,

Great post, so much so, you have convinced me to purchase and after hearing one two weeks ago purchased I was hooked on the EVO. It should be here tomorrow and I was wondering about the Quasar map you had mentioned. I have a USB PC III and i'll be using a K&N filter, Pair valve removed and a TRE. Will this map work with this setup?

Once again great post and thanks for all you effort.
Thank you Fugly for the compliment. I am glad my thread has helped to spread the word on the Evo systems as they are outstanding. I guarantee you that you will love the system. I am going to PM you the details on the Quasar map. Thanks again.

quick question.  i was checking ebay for a system and came across these 2.  what is the difference between them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....me=WD1V

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....me=WD1V
The cheaper of the two is Akrapovics standard 4 into 1 race exhaust and has a stainless header and midpipe. The more expensive one is the Evolution system, like mine, and has a titanium header, midpipe and throughpipe for considerable weight savings. The Akrapovic site says the Evolution is their flagship model much like the Hayabusa is the flagship model.
smile.gif
You can get a better price on an Evolution system than e-bay is offering. PM me if you decide to go with an Evo and I may be able to help you find a better price.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122421994 -->

Nuttn to it, but to do it, and you did good, Krieg.
super.gif

Shez LQQkn like a sexy Mutha Fugga over there, Playa !

Back