Air Shifter Problem

8secBusa

Registered
Well, this weekend was the second time my airshifter eliminated me from competition. My 1st to 2nd shift stuck.
History: The shift worked perfectly until recently. I haven't changed anything, it just started hanging up between shifts. Its an MPS set up, wondering if I can have my box tested or if I sould just replace it???

Not exactly sure what you mean by the shifter was sticking, but I have to occasionally put some air tool oil into my air line to keep the ram working good. Might be worth a try.

Thanks for your response. What I meant was it simply wouldn't shift. The kill worked but it did not shift. I added some WD40 to the cylinder, but it didn't seem to help.

If the kill is working then I would think that your box is fine.

I'd unhook the ram from the shifter and then test it to see if you have an air leak or something. I get those occasionally when a fitting works itself loose over time. Just be sure and unhook it or you'll bend your shift forks - don't ask me how I know that.

Is your air cylinder still mounted low and attached to the shift rod? If so you my want to remount it in the vertical position and attached to the shift lever . Been using mine alot on the street and it's NEVER missed a shift yet.

IMG_1028.JPG

Be sure to check the slack in the chain. Believe it or not, but if the chain is too loose, or tight, it will cause the air shifter to miss.

Back