Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Box Mod w/ Alienhead?

danath 34

Registered
Hey all, so I recently installed my alienhead and PC3 usb... Finally got the maps in from Brocks, so I loaded the brocks map (was using the PC map for a few days- what a difference!), and was trying to figure out what to do with the airbox. I know brocks recommends an airbox mod, and has instructions on how to do it, but is this gen 1 only? I opened up my airbox and couldnt find anywhere that you could really cut to gain any extra airflow...

Can someone enlighten me? Do i have to do some sort of airbox mod with the alienhead, like you do with gen1, or does the gen2 airbox require no modification?

thanks

No box flapped mod like a Gen-I. About all you can do is seal the ramair air tubes. Check my build thread for basics unless you buy an supermarket box...

thanks, thats what I figured. I definitely plan on sealing the ram-air tubes someday, though... Probably gonna get some aluminum tape and run it around the joint. Quick and easy, if not a bit sloppy...

I gotta say, you have been very helpful with all this... thanks a lot! :thumbsup: :bowdown:

No problem, anytime. :beerchug:

Sorry, that's suppose to be aftermarket airbox...lol...auto correct on my phone owned me... :laugh:

Top Bottom