Aiding Temptation Today

Busatized

Donating Member
Registered
Test riding the Duc 1098 today and it may affect the planned 09 Busa purchase. Three options if all goes well:

1 - Buy the Duc and sell the 06 LE Busa

2 - Keep the 06 LE Busa til the 09 Busa transaction is complete

3 - (Don't tell the wife about this option) Buy the Duc and keep the 06 LE!

Thoughts?

firedevil.gif

cblast did this earlier this year (1) I hear they are not very comfortable for long rides.
beerchug.gif

You will need to keep the '06 in your stable. The 1098 will lay some serious hurting on you during longer rides.

I would say that it's not something that you can adapt yourself to, for a general purpose bike. The aggressive layout of the 1098 makes 'Busas feel plush. Maintenance on that particular engine is pretty expensive. If you are comfortable adjusting desmodromics, you'll save a TON of cash.

If I had the scratch, I'd love to add an 848 to my stable for an around town bike. They sound awesome, have the V-twin torque, and are two-wheeled works of art. Not only that, but it's more comfortable than a 1098!

I got a chance to do a half hour demo ride, and I couldn't wait to get off the 1098. They throw a stupid amount of heat on you, you need to keep the RPMs up at 3,000, and the ergonomics are really aggressive. I got to ride the new 848, and it was by far more comfortable, and practical for everyday use. If you get the chance to ride an 848 do it! It will definitely give you some food for thought.
beerchug.gif

5. Sell the 06 and buy the Duc and the 09 plus don't tell the wife till you've got both parked in the garage. Then lie and tell her your just keeping one for a friend thats serving in Afghanistan .

Well.... as of right now option 2 is back on target. As much as i love option 5 (wife was not to sure about this option
rock.gif
) and 3, 3 bikes in the garage does not work $$$ even with the 1.9% they are offering....maybe it does, no it doesn't, yes it does, nope .... maybe
banghead.gif

Based on that 20 minute ride, I'm not ready for the Duc to replace the Busa. Sound, looks, cornering, brakes, torque, excitement were all there. The wife saw me ride away and fell in love again
heart.gif
but it was a nutcracker ride due to the slope of the seat. It also rode very hot and a little more on the wrist than the stock Busa. Like the Busa, elbows bent and level wrist fix this item.

Overall, I would be able to find a comfort zone with a heat shielded front raised seat and lowered pegs. The perfomance is as it is always described, great and exact and for even money the Busa would be a unforgetable memory. For the extra money, I just can't justify 16k bike, 2k exhaust, ??seat, ?? lowered pegs and suspension upgrade (pushing the weigth limis of stock setup) over the Busa, 06 or 09. However I do want the 1098 in the garage. This is a tough one that has me jumping back and forth over the fence in my mind.

In any event, street racer, you will get PM before I post it up. RoadThing, looked over the 848 and wish i saw your post b4 but didn't get to ride it, you describe the 1098 well. They did look size and shape wise exactly the same, the 1098 was just pumped up a little more.

If you can wait, buy a 1098 down the road used in good shape. You'll save alot and have the Duc. I will eventually have a Red 999RDuc in my garage oneday,

Back