Adopting my Stepson Help

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
So i have been working on adopting my step son. Let me tell you what a long drawn out process it is. Getting rights removed, this court date, that court date.....It has been going on for over a year. Costing me a fortune over 10k to date. Well we are finally getting close but shame on me i am broke as broke gets! The attorneys have killed the bank of viper aka art :) Anyone know of or have information for me on some pro bo no lawyer who may finish this off for me? All that is left is the actual adoption to complete. My attorney wants a decent amount and hell i just cant swing it. My son is 14 and i have raised him for 9 years. I am all he has ever known and its really hard on him not having my name. (he is the only one in the household without it)......Any and all help directions etc would be appreciated! :please:

You know what kills me about lawyers? Aside from the fact that they are pretty much paper-pushers and most aren't even that great at that? :rofl:

That they get paid so much to do so little...I wonder if the final stuff can't be done by you? If it's just filing paperwork, you might want to check and see if that can be done yourself. We tend to turn to lawyers because we think they know better, but the truth is they only move our paperwork around and that's about it. I would love to have the $$ back for all of the wasted effort on a lawyer, all of the corrections I had to make on documents that I paid for them to write up where they didn't get facts straight or spell things correctly. All they do is file crap with the courts; you can do that...

Most overpaid jobs in the world when it comes to the domestic side of the legal system, like adoption and divorce...

Sorry it's costing you so much, but I'm sure it means a ton to your step-son! :thumbsup:

yes it does for sure. I made a promise to him i would have it done before he starts school this fall....I am thinking i might have bit off more then i can chew... :banghead:

Have always hated "the system" for things like this.

"The System":crowbar: I wish I had the easy answer for you Bro.

Rubb.

It might not be the kinda thing you'd wanna do, but maybe start a "gofundme" get your story out there, here, facebook, family, friends, get them to get the story out. Sorry, but that's all I got.

it will mean the world to him, trust me, i know, i waited untill i was an adult and then legally changed my name - still a process, but worth it.

btw - what do lawyers and catfish have in common??

ans: ones a scum sucking bottom dweller... and the other is a fish! (only joke i know - couldn't resist!) best of luck!

I confess to having dated a lawyer. I confess she was about the most unethical person I have ever met. But MAN are they good at it.

How much $ are we talking about Viper?

RSD. (sorry about the jokes that are sure to follow)

law2.png

Hayabusa.org garage sale on eBay? Not directly connected to the org of course.... I have a swingarm, mid pipes, and maybe some Rc race car stuff to donate..... rsd's post made me think of it, his garage seems endless lol.

all good:) I need 1500 bucks to get it rolling then prob another 1000 to get it finished would be my guess. I know it doesnt sound like a bunch but when you live pay check to paycheck its a lot! Also helping out both sets of parents financially as both moms fitting cancer and father in law is not doing well with a bunch of health issues as well....all very draining.

Back