act of desperation....*&^%$ rain!

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
On the 2nd day of the big trip, it is of course raining. We rode for a few hundred miles, and I was sure hypothermia was going to kick my ass, so we pulled into a hotel to use the dryer, get into some dry clothes. My buddy has a M2R rainsuit, of course he is nice and dry, but I dont get to buy my clothes at any old store, there is nothing big enough that I have found yet.

I was wearing my M2R rallycross waterproof jacket, and yes it is perfectly waterproof, just chilly even with layers. Just fyi, the temp was about 5 degrees celsius, just warm enough that your balls dont quite freeze to your leg or the tank.

So this is the dont tell anyone part. I was wearing jeans and a set of heavy carhartts, plus good boots. We had another hundred and a half to go, and the rain was getting worse. I ended up with nice dry jeans, a great big garbage bag over each boot and leg, tucked into my belt, then covered by the carhartts. Imagine how proud all the grade 2 kids would be!

Anyway, no one knew, I stayed dry and warm, and was able to finish the day without freezing to death.

go ahead.

lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

And I thought you were going to tell us how you pee'd your pants for the bit of temporary warmth it provides! Awesome thinking on the bag part.

In re: "go ahead."

You know you deserve it...but I'll give you a pass.
laugh.gif
Tourmaster makes a great pair of waterproof overpants, I mean, for next time.
biggrin.gif

heh and forgot- Steve dropped his VTR in the parking lot of the bike dealer while he was trying to trade it off on a hayacruiser.

Hell not its not abused.....crash.

Get an Electric Vest! Those who have them already know! One ride with one on even a cool night and you'll believe!

Also most of the rest areas (in the US anyways) have hand dryers in the restroom which can be a lifesaver literally! I think I hit every rest area between Eugene and Redding on a trip to Laguna Seca once just to warm up with the hand dryer! I now have a set of Electric grips and my electric vest for these types of situations. Foul weather trips can be a lot of fun if your prepped.
beerchug.gif

(CAT3 @ Jun. 12 2007,22:04) And I thought you were going to tell us how you pee'd your pants for the bit of temporary warmth it provides! Awesome thinking on the bag part.
No, that was to free his nads
laugh.gif

(CAT3 @ Jun. 12 2007,19:04) And I thought you were going to tell us how you pee'd your pants for the bit of temporary warmth it provides!  Awesome thinking on the bag part.
That's next time.
laugh.gif

Back