Accident help!

EvanLando

Registered
Hey all, I was pulling out of the gas station yesterday. It was illegal left in front of a stopped semi. i got hit head on emerging from the front of the semi at low speed. My bike went down on the left side. I am very bummed that my 08' busa is all scraped up. A police report was done. Do guys have any adivice on getting it fixed? The front of my bike hit the front right quarter panel of the car, and dented it good but my bike doesn't show much damage. Should i have someone do a good inspection of it? Thanks!

Car driver at fault? Get it inspected and totaled, buy it back for 1500 and part it out.
You can get 5k easily. Buy new one. Keep the change.

Take it to a shop and make them dissect it. Hope you had insurance.

Take it to a reputable mechanic and have the bike looked over completely. Glad you were okay because it sounds like it could have been bad. Did you ride the bike away?

If you are unsure of your mechanical ability you are better off having a mechanic or even a dealer make the judgement call on damages. If you had insurance make them do the work. If you don't have insurance covering it get them to make the parts estimate then use it to start buying your parts up. Pretty much as long as your frame isn't bent up you can get her back in operation. What state are you in, cause I know there is lots of Busa brotherin around here that love to turn wrenches, myself included. Plus there are board sponsor dealers that would love to help you out if they are close buy.

If you are unsure of your mechanical ability you are better off having a mechanic or even a dealer make the judgement call on damages. If you had insurance make them do the work. If you don't have insurance covering it get them to make the parts estimate then use it to start buying your parts up. Pretty much as long as your frame isn't bent up you can get her back in operation. What state are you in, cause I know there is lots of Busa brotherin around here that love to turn wrenches, myself included. Plus there are board sponsor dealers that would love to help you out if they are close buy.

I am in So. Cal. and do have insurance, i appreciate all the help i can get.

Your insurance will require you to go to one or more reputable repair shops for estimates. I would take it to your local dealer and ask them for an estimate.

Sounds like you were totally at fault, based on your initial post.

Sorry to hear this, yo. Sux, to be sure.

There are a few of us around here (SoCal) who are always willing to bear a hand of some kind or another.

Just ask!

Whatever we can do...

Glad you're o.k.

Glad your ok, when it comes to getting new parts cheap,one of the best sources for parts is ebay. Alot of people don't like it but there is a shop in Las Vegas called Sportbike parts4you,thats his seller ID, he buys complete new bikes then tears them down and parts'em out. I think he sells the motors for mini sprints and dwarf cars. I've done alot of transactions with him and he always has done right by me. In many cases as much as 50% off on new parts. I think it would be well worth the time to check it out. Good Luck

Back