Absolute SICKEST customs ever-

BigDiesel

Registered
if you're following the latest n greatest in Sportbike creations, then you need to pick up the new issues of 2WTuner n SuperStreetBike-there are some insane creations in there, trust me!
Im still an idiot with computers, so it took me an hour to download these two scanned pix-here the first of my new fav-a GSX-R1K with NO foot controls, NO brake or Clutch levers-all hidden n custom (Pingel air shifter with button on left bar, thumb brakes from GP Tech, and the left bar is actually the clutch-a trick straight from Russell Mitchell the chopper builder) the list of mods is endless- custom SA with built-in tanks for air suspension (Rear AND Front!-a first as far as I know) and a hidden gas tank-the stock tank has a lexan cut-out that lets you see the stacks n the top of the engine....truly an awesome machine...n the builder/fabricator is only 24!!!

the future is looking bright for custom bikes...now I need to get another job to pay for all these sick mods!

SCAN0001.JPG

oh yeah I forgot-it also has perimeter brakes, LEXAN wheels, custom perimeter sprocket n 20t front sprocket...this thing is just nutz to the 10nth power!
SHOCKED.gif

SCAN0002.JPG

the foot pegs are mounted on the SA-they are billet stainless or aluminum, I think, knurled n thick, so Id bet AL, just for the weight-savings n ease of manufacturing.

its a beaut....gives me so many new ideas for my bike-it like being a kid again with the new Lego model...always comes with a book with 5-6 other creations for you to try, or at least get ideas from.

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 09 2006,18:22) Where do you put your feet?
I was wondering exactly the same thing!

Not really my speed, but it is cool to see the custom show bike market start incorporating sportbikes!

Seeing them all in person you cannot help but admire the talent. Thats why I flew to vegas for the debuting.

lasvegasbikefest06008.jpg

SHOCKED.gif
with that back sprocket you couldnt do much more than idle around , cooooool design tho

I like how he cut off the wings on the gixxer's tail section. Looks +100 better than stock.

Im glad that sportbikes are being looked at like cruisers now- the stock bike is just a canvas that they start with, and then form into the owner's vision: fatter, skinnier, longer/shorter, whatever folks are looking for now, its all possible. Just need deep pockets and a healthy imagination....

I love custom bikes, but Im sick of the cookie-cutter Big-tire bikes with some bolt-on chrome thingies...I like Swingarms made into single-sided units with sprotors n trick billet rear brake calipers, molded fairings that still hold a resemblance to OEM but they have different lines n contours...just like custom body kits for cars-makes'em all the more unique n truly more representative of the owner (assuming the owner didnt just drop the bike off n hand over a bag of dough "cough, cough...SHAQ!!!...cough, cough") even if the owner didnt do the fabricating.

different strokes for diff. folks, to be sure, but if more sportbike owners get into this, its going to bring down the cost a bit for the avg. joe and ultimately help elevate our sportbike 'culture' with more creative input, he11 the manufacturers may even catch on n start offering real custom components like they do for their street bikes (although if its mass produced, I guess it isnt 'custom' anymore).

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 09 2006,16:39) Not really my speed, but it is cool to see the custom show bike market start incorporating sportbikes!
Looks like they go waaaaaay back on the swingarm.

Big D your back  
bowdown.gif
The bike is not my bag but I do admire the talent, love that tail. Think a stock Gixer would leave that for dead  
beerchug.gif

It is a great time for sportbikes in general.

Metric TV will debut in 2007 on ESPN2, major coverage for our sport on a Major network.

Back