A turbo meltdown, almost.

Mad`

Registered
Ghetto kit, intercooled, Honda injectors, 10 PSI spring, 12 PSI with Johnny's secret free trick, Wideband and Power  Commander.

I was making some runs in fifth gear at my favorite highway spot while datalogging with the Wideband. Go back to the house, download the run and then tweak the Power Commander, make another couple runs.
I kept going richer and richer with the Power Commander and the motor kept going leaner and leaner. It finally got up to 14.0 to 1 so I decided to lift the tank and see WTF was going on. I found the bracket that mounts the BEGI regulator was broken and the regulator was just laying on top of the ignition coils. What I discovered was the air bleed was rubbing on the plenum and slowly increasing the amount of turns and bleed. This meant my fuel pressure was slowly getting less and less while under boost with the rubbing and vibration. Made a new bracket and everything is OK now.

If I hadn't been tuning at the time I would have never caught the lean condition until it was too late. Thank goodness I was running 105 unleaded race gas at the time also. 14.0 to 1 would have probably fried it with pump gas.
The Wideband Commander saved me a whole lot of Benjamin Franklins and downtime.
Mad`

wow good save
cool.gif

Yeah, that turbo stuff ain't cheap. Glad you caught it.

just keep in mind that even with the s2000 injectors you can still max them out if the numbers get too high,it will shut down the injectors

Ghetto kit, intercooled, Honda injectors, 10 PSI spring, 12 PSI with Johnny's secret free trick, Wideband and Power  Commander.

I was making some runs in fifth gear at my favorite highway spot while datalogging with the Wideband. Go back to the house, download the run and then tweak the Power Commander, make another couple runs.
I kept going richer and richer with the Power Commander and the motor kept going leaner and leaner. It finally got up to 14.0 to 1 so I decided to lift the tank and see WTF was going on. I found the bracket that mounts the BEGI regulator was broken and the regulator was just laying on top of the ignition coils. What I discovered was the air bleed was rubbing on the plenum and slowly increasing the amount of turns and bleed. This meant my fuel pressure was slowly getting less and less while under boost with the rubbing and vibration. Made a new bracket and everything is OK now.

If I hadn't been tuning at the time I would have never caught the lean condition until it was too late. Thank goodness I was running 105 unleaded race gas at the time also. 14.0 to 1 would have probably fried it with pump gas.
The Wideband Commander saved me a whole lot of Benjamin Franklins and downtime.
Mad`
This is common with the Ghetto stage 1... Dennis used a different component for the stage 2... Good save and way to watch out... It would have sucked to blow that motor and then have to go back to Dennis bitching...
biggrin.gif
I know you have had your disagreements with Dennis recently.... ;)

CLoud

Got the 100% throttle set back up again today. It's just a straight/flat line on the Widebandfuel MAP at 12.0 to 1.

Cloud 9.... I wouldn't beatch or say a word to Dennis. I would be crying and begging for Johnny's help. I know where he lives. LOL

<!--EDIT|Mad`
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131669503 -->

Got the 100% throttle set back up again today. It's just a straight/flat line on the Widebandfuel MAP at 12.0 to 1.

Cloud 9.... I wouldn't beatch or say a word to Dennis. I would be crying and begging for Johnny's help. I know where he lives. LOL
hahahahahaha.... yea, I hear ya; Jonny is your best bet anyway...

Back