A sad day for bigmac0331

Sorry to hear it, Rusty! If it's what you want to do don't give up. You are too good a person to not have things turn your way.

keep appplying man.. tooke me a long time. and agter finally getting accepted after 1 year i ended up working for a armored car instead thats the funny part.

I just applied for a State Trooper Position. Their deadline is the 15th of May...so I just squeeked in...

BNSF is right there in Overland Park. Better retirement. 6 figure salary. RR's are always looking for former military peeps to hire
beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear that you didn't make it. You'll get over it. Just out of curiosity what kind of educational background do you have. I saw your ex military, what about any tech or college level education. I just applied at the State Trooper academy here in WI and they require all applicants to have at least 60( 4 semesters) credits of college education. I know more and more agencies across our nation require state and local law enforcement to have college educations.

Don't sweat the small stuff EVERYTHING happens for a reason! Now about that letter.... Forget about it! I can say that cause I've been right where you are. Yep, the first dept I applied at rejected me a little over 3/4 of the way through the process. Sure I was bummed, but it all worked out in the end. I landed a position at another dept and eventually ended up at Boeing... So, hang in there!

Try State. In Illinois back in late 90's, if you were not former military you did not have a shot. I don't know if it same in your state.
because this makes sense. I wonder what their logic is.

No advice here, but I'm so sorry you're dealing with the disappointment. Did they refuse to tell you why you were out or was it a rushed thanks-but-no-thanks kind of thing?

sad.gif
good enough to defend our country, but not good enough for the PD? Maybe they are not good enough for you! If that is what you want, keep looking. Things happen for a reason, even if it is not logical at the time. Their loss not yours. Keep your chin up and find a better position somewhere else.

hello.gif
Hats off to you and thank you very much for the service and sacrifice.
clap.gif

I didnt read all the posts.

I will say that there is a small possability your military combat history could played some roll in not getting hire.

I know it sounds odd, however I have a friend / coworker who is trying to get into corrections.

He has been placed at the back of the line and he requires a special investigation and a totally differant highering process for him.. and guess why?

because he was in special ops in the Marines for over 10 years. Did some weird stuff, worked for NSA as a Marine special ops for awhile.

He has been told that the corrections department "might" have concerns about possible law suits with him that could result from an inmate maybe attacking him and him nutting up and just eliminating the threat, something he did for over 10 years.

Law enforcement and corrections departments want and need people who are tough and not push overs, but sometimes someone who has been in combat, has taken peoples lives as a profession is more toughness than I think some organizations are willing to risk.

I think I would have a difficult time in corrections or the PD, there are just somethings I have a hard time letting go or turning the other cheek on.

I would press for a reason.

Sorry Rusty, I know you are disappointed, but everything happens for a reason. To be a Kansas State trooper would in my opinion be a much better position anyway.

bs.gif
well i just called the PD to find out why I was not accepted...and the answer I got was "we are not at liberty to discuss that with you" so they can't talk about my life with me? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!!!!!

bs.gif
  well i just called the PD to find out why I was not accepted...and the answer I got was "we are not at liberty to discuss that with you"  so they can't talk about my life with me?  That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!!!!!
What? That's insane.

bs.gif
  well i just called the PD to find out why I was not accepted...and the answer I got was "we are not at liberty to discuss that with you"  so they can't talk about my life with me?  That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!!!!!
bs.gif
don't give up if this is what you really want don't give up.Lot of towns in this country.

bs.gif

bs.gif
I would suspect that would be a typical response if you were denied for some illegal reason such as discrimination.

If it were a regular company I would push the issue, maybe even higher a lawyer, but your local law enforcement? how much do you want to piss them off?

Probably best to drop it with them and look at some other departments.

I know in my area County sheriffs have jurisdiction over local authorities.

So if you have a hierarchical system such as this try and get with a department that is higher on the food chain.

It also seems in our area not so many local law enforcement officers are prior military, but most of the Sheriffs and CHP's are prior military.

I know at one time Riverside county Sheriffs department in Southern California primarily hired just ex-military, I think at one time they were 95% ex-military.

Good luck

Have you thought about applying with the FEDs. I did 16 years in the FBI. Down side is you will move every 4-5 years.

Sorry to hear about this Rusty. I know you were really looking forward to it. With your military background, I thought this'd be a cakewalk. If this is what you want to do and dont mind moving to Texas, you have Luke's number, you can give him a call and talk to him, he's a very helpfull guy.

Keep on applying with other Locations. I have a young friend, like you, who applyed here and didn't get the job. But he applyed at Oklahoma State Univ. and got hired. Now, he considers NOT getting hired here as a Blessing. He's in HOG HEAVEN and can't think of any other place he would want to be. "OH YEAH", he loves it so much, he commutes 86 miles per day
beerchug.gif

Back