~~ A present arrived today! ~~

beerchug.gif

question:

maybe im missing something here and please tell me if i am but with the "roadlock" it just prevents the back wheel from being able to spin? correct?
if so,how does this really prevent theft? I mean,if someone wants to steal your ride there not gonna ride it away,two guys can lift a busa and just put it in a pick up or whatever and get the "roadlock" off elsewhere,i know here in philly you see car "boots" laying in the streets,people have already perfected getting these off on the street and they were supposed to be impossible to get off.

(DEVLDOG @ Sep. 05 2007,08:25) question:

maybe im missing something here and please tell me if i am but with the "roadlock" it just prevents the back wheel from being able to spin? correct?
if so,how does this really prevent theft? I mean,if someone wants to steal your ride there not gonna ride it away,two guys can lift a busa and just put it in a pick up or whatever and get the "roadlock" off elsewhere,i know here in philly you see  car "boots" laying in the streets,people have already perfected getting these off on the street and they were supposed to be impossible to get off.
No matter what you do there is a way that people will still be able to get your bike. Down her in S.Florida there has been plenty of bikes stolen even with the best of alarms or locks. I think the roadlok is yet another great device to detur the novice theif, again if someone wants your bike badly enough they will find a way to get it. Well that is my .02
rant.gif

(big jim @ Sep. 05 2007,06:28)
(DEVLDOG @ Sep. 05 2007,08:25) question:

if so,how does this really prevent theft? I mean,if someone wants to steal your ride there not gonna ride it away,two guys can lift a busa and just put it in a pick up or whatever and get the "roadlock" off elsewhere,i know here in philly you see  car "boots" laying in the streets,people have already perfected getting these off on the street and they were supposed to be impossible to get off.
No matter what you do there is a way that people will still be able to get your bike. Down her in S.Florida there has been plenty of bikes stolen even with the best of alarms or locks. I think the roadlok is yet another great device to detur the novice theif, again if someone wants your bike badly enough they will find a way to get it. Well that is my .02  
rant.gif
yeah,pretty much what i was getting at....if someone wants my bike there either gonna have to break into my garage attached to my house or take me off of it..all 6'3" 280lbs of former Marine with a bad attitude because i dont park my ***** anywhere other
mad.gif

(DEVLDOG @ Sep. 05 2007,05:25) question:

You are correct in that the RoadLoK "only" locks up the rear wheel. We have acknowledged from day one, that if someone wants your ride bad enough, they'll get it. But why make it an easy target? Not all thieves carry them away. There was a post on here very recently from a Virginia member, visiting family on Long Island and someone rode his bike out of his parents driveway, and actually hit and damaged a parked car in the driveway.
It is very common for bikers to question just how much security is needed, until it hits home. We (and apparently a good share of the org members) think the RoadLoK is the best locking system available today.
Thanks!

Chief

Confused !! I thought maybe it has an electronic tracking device.... like the type you can insert into your pet... Roadlok for a laptop-- how does that work.... thnx for any info.

If anyone is curious where Omar got his mad wrentching skillz and ability to install his RoadLoK - let's just say I taught the man everything he knows... took about 14 seconds to fill his RAM!
smile.gif

Omar, you are a great member who helps out so mnay of us - you deserve to be taken care of - a big shout out to CAp and Daryl from RoadLoK for makeing this work!

I look up to guys like you.
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

(Chief RoadLoK @ Sep. 05 2007,06
zzwhip.gif
)

You are correct in that the RoadLoK "only" locks up the rear wheel. We have acknowledged from day one, that if someone wants your ride bad enough, they'll get it. But why make it an easy target? Not all thieves carry them away. There was a post on here very recently from a Virginia member, visiting family on Long Island and someone rode his bike out of his parents driveway, and actually hit and damaged a parked car in the driveway.
It is very common for bikers to question just how much security is needed, until it hits home. We (and apparently a good share of the org members) think the RoadLoK is the best locking system available today.
Thanks!

Chief

I know that is the way I feel RoadLoK IS THE BEST Locking System on the Market. Disk locks and chains dont come close to what RoadLoK has to offer because both can damage your bike and the RoadLoK will never do that as well as the fact that it totally immobilizes your bike from forward or backward movement and like Daryl said they have never claimed they are going to theft proof your bike they just don't want some one to think your ride is an EASY target.  Most bikes that are stolen today are just simply rolled away. A guy just jumps on the bike puts it in Neutral and rolls it away.  The RoadLoK takes out that factor.  So as long as I own a Busa there will be a RoadLoK on it.  Hell my Brake bolt even gets put in my RoadLoK even when she is in the Garage. Just my .02 cents

(rubber2burn @ Sep. 05 2007,07:29)
(Chief RoadLoK @ Sep. 05 2007,06
zzwhip.gif
)

Thanks!

Chief

I know that is the way I feel RoadLoK IS THE BEST Locking System on the Market.  Disk locks and chains dont come close to what RoadLoK has to offer because both can damage your bike and the RoadLoK will never do that as well as the fact that it totally immobilizes your bike from forward or backward movement and like Daryl said they have never claimed they are going to theft proof your bike they just don't want some one to think your ride is an EASY target.  Most bikes that are stolen today are just simply rolled away. A guy just jumps on the bike puts it in Neutral and rolls it away.  The RoadLoK takes out that factor.  So as long as I own a Busa there will be a RoadLoK on it.  Hell my Brake bolt even gets put in my RoadLoK even when she is in the Garage.  Just my .02 cents
IF you turn your front wheel hard left and turn ignition key all the way counter clockwise b4 removeing this will lock the front steering in that direction preventing anyone from "rolling" it away,and thats free!!

Im not trying to dog anyone here or put the product down,its just not something i would purchase as i dont really see it doing much of anything the locked front wheel doesnt do

as for the virginia member who obviously left his key in the ignition for someone to ride it down the driveway,thats just moronic on his part and if he is that lazy then there would be no chance he would bend over to lock his rear wheel

its all good fellas,to each their own,just thought i was missing something with it
beerchug.gif

Hey DD Have you ever see some one snap a fork lock I have bro and it does not take that much pressure that is why I want something extra than just the fork lock Bro. In fact I use a layer defence. Fork Lock, RoadLoK, Scorpio Alarm, and S&W .357 Mag. As soon as I get the Loot I will be replaceing my Scorpio with a Phantom Tracking System. and still use the rest of the stuff as well. But don't just trust that fork lock Bro it is weak and your bike is still capable of rolling when it is in the locked positition with the RoadLoK your Bike does not roll at all.

the way i see it, the more difficult i make it for them to take my bike, the more likely it will be that they move on to the next one in the row and leave mine there...my apologies to whoever's ends up being taken

Thanks for all the props, guys!

I know it's not a fool-proof defense, but what is? If someone wants my Busa badly enough - he will find a way to get it. At least I've made it a little harder to take for those who think they can just walk up and push it away.

Thanks again to everyone who made this happen - you guys are too much!
beerchug.gif

Back