A Little Help Guys

Garyparky

Registered
Evening All

Been lurking here for a while and need to ask for a little help.
I wanted a Busa but was too nervous, been riding Harleys for a few years. Bought a used BMW R1100S to break me in gently to sportbikes. Got a black one.
Hated the look of the screen and bought a black one. The new one is too small and now I am stuck thinking I may need to shell out more cash
So the question is - has anyone painted their screen?
The origonal one is fine just needs to be black.
Can it be done easily? What paint would you use?
I am asking you guys 'cos i reckon if anyone has done it the Busa boys will have done it.
Appreciate the help and if this bike works out the next could well be the Busa
Gary

:welcome: there have been plenty of painted screens out there.

I know these guys can help you with the prep.

for the non professional route I have seen people clean it really well and spray can them black just fine.

Just dont try to do it all in one coat, take 2 or three even sprays.

If its a clear screen, paint the inside of the screen. The screen will protect the paing and if you get any runs or sags they won't show from the outside.

+1 on what busawhipped said: paint the inside. You'll be guaranteed a smooth and uniform look on the outside of the screen that way.

nothing hard about it .
i use about 6-8 coats of flat black on the inside of screen .use a cheap rattle can .about 10 min between coats. do it on a warm dry day ,it helps.

thumb_up.gif

Here's how my Suzuki "Accessory" screen came out after painting the interior black....

nose.jpg

I have since added a Happy Guy ornament.....
cool.gif

happyguy.jpg

Back