A good little ride

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
Ronnie and I went for a little ride Saturday. It started out in Ringgold Georgia. We took HWY 27 into Kentucky to Pine Knot. From there we went east on HWY 92 to Hosman where we then went southeast on 25E until we came to the Cumberland Gap. Cumberland Gap is a nice area, there is a great tunnel there. We went up into Virginia( Virginia is a beatiful place ) on HWY 58 to Jonesville and then headed back southeast on HWY 70 ( this is another great road that I will visit again ) to 11W and then on to Morristown. From there we headed on to Gatlinburg Tennessee. We went through Gatlinburg to Cherokee NC and then on home. When I pulled into my garage I looked to see how far we had traveled and it showed 600.4 miles, WOW! That is a record day for me, it will be hard to top that one for me, but you know I will try. Anyway, I just took a few pics so here they are. For the ones that couldnt go, you missed a great trip.

hello.gif

2008JulyRides_001__Small_.jpg

That's some serious mileage for one day. Beautiful countryside down there. Thanks for the pics.

There's no doubt you can top that 600 miles, Tim. My very first long distance ride (on my R1 before the Busa) was 540 miles. Then I got addicted. The longest ride on the R1 before I traded it in for the Busa was 825 miles in 14 1/2 hours. That was my record on that one. With my Busa, the longest so far was 849 in almost 15 hours. I've done a couple of 700-800 mile ride since I owned the Bus. I can't wait to do the Iron Butt. I know it can be done. I just have to get one Saturday off and hoping for a perfect weather. I'll keep you guys posted. Maybe sometime in September or October.

That definitely looks like more fun than working all night
smile.gif
We had a great day Saturday after I got up around noon
smile.gif
My brother came up and we went cruising around the neighborhood. Saturday night we ate at Famous Dave's and went to see Dark Knight. Maybe I won't have to work the next time. Another great ride up that direction is to go west across southern KY through the Daniel Boone State Park
beerchug.gif

smile.gif

Back