A few new 636 pics

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Got the shift side rearset install done today. Now I only need the brake line to finish it. Took a few quick shots with the cheesy factory decals removed and the seat cowl on. I think I've also added the PUIG race screen since the last pics I posted...

As for the rearsets... The color pretty closely matches the paint in person. Hard to tell in these pics though. And some might say black would work better with the frame, but I went with function and style over appearance on this. Attack doesn't offer their rearsets in black. They only offer unfinished and hard anodized. I went with the hard anodized because it closely matches the paint. Probably would have went black if they offered it, but I didn't want to compromise on my choice of rearsets based on color.
wink.gif

On with it...

IMG_0178.jpg

Here's one with indoor lighting. This is close to the color they appear to be in person, but they're not quite as dark as this pic. They have a goldish titanium tint just like the paint.

IMG_0182.jpg

And a couple pics outside in this crappy bluish evening overcast sky light. The rearsets and the paint look pretty much silver here. I'll get some good shots in the sun soon.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

And a few overall shots of how it looks now with all the decals (except the 636 on the mid fairings) gone and the seat cowl and race screen installed.

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

And lastly, the "strips" after my first mountain run on it the other day. Left side is to the edge. Right side still has a "hoo hoo" hair of a strip left...

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Very nice as always BT.
super.gif
any plans on getting rid of the mud flap and integrating the turn sigs? I personally think that'll make the akrapovic look meaner.

Very nice as always BT.
super.gif
any plans on getting rid of the mud flap and integrating the turn sigs? I personally think that'll make the akrapovic look meaner.
Thanks everybody.
beerchug.gif

And yes, Mr. Pimp.
wink.gif
I had already taken the fender/flap off when I installed the Akra exhaust but when I headed for the mountains the other day I hadn't fabricated a tag mount for it yet so I stuck that back on to hold the temp tag. I'm working on coming up with a good tag mount and then I'll integrate and clean all that up. Here's a shot of it without all that garb. When I clean it up, the big loop around it in this shot will go too. The only thing there will be the Akra can and the carbon bracket that holds it on.
wink.gif

IMG_0129.jpg

wink.gif

We still got to get together and go ridin', bro!
I know... I'm saving to do a little suspension work before I take it to the Gap. It's undersprung for my weight and could use some shock/fork improvements as well. I'm getting a Penske 8987 triple adjustable with proper spring rate for the rear and getting the forks reworked and resprung. Should REALLY carve then. I can make it handle pretty well as it is, but it feels mushy as crap to me compared to the 10. If I stiffen it up it wants to pogo the front and loose traction on the rough stuff. I want to get it in the ball park of the 10R in stiffness and still have it soak up the rough stuff. Not happenin' with the stock stuff...
wink.gif

Nice, very nice BT. Like the looks of the Attack rearsets.
cool.gif
Wish the Busa had undertail exhaust, makes for a real clean look.
-Ed

We still got to get together and go ridin', bro!
I know... I'm saving to do a little suspension work before I take it to the Gap. It's undersprung for my weight and could use some shock/fork improvements as well. I'm getting a Penske 8987 triple adjustable with proper spring rate for the rear and getting the forks reworked and resprung. Should REALLY carve then. I can make it handle pretty well as it is, but it feels mushy as crap to me compared to the 10. If I stiffen it up it wants to pogo the front and loose traction on the rough stuff. I want to get it in the ball park of the 10R in stiffness and still have it soak up the rough stuff. Not happenin' with the stock stuff...
wink.gif
Can't decide if I want to do any performance or suspension stuff to Baby J. It won't be for a while anyway, since I'm just enjoying riding her right now. Might have to do something.
biggrin.gif

Nice, very nice BT. Like the looks of the Attack rearsets.
cool.gif
Wish the Busa had undertail exhaust, makes for a real clean look.
-Ed
Yeah, that would be sweet. Have you seen the pic I posted a while back of a busa with an undertail exhaust that exits through the light ports of a Top Gun undertail?
rock.gif

M_005.jpg

Chris, hit me up if you sell this one. I gotta get my hands on one of your rides. Clean classy and hot as always. I would do it any different.

Looking good BT
wink.gif

By the way... What's up? I mean... what are you gonna get next? From a Busa, to a 10, to a 6..... yer not gonna be getting one of them ninja 250's are ya?
poke.gif

Just messing with ya
tounge.gif

Chris, hit me up if you sell this one. I gotta get my hands on one of your rides. Clean classy and hot as always. I would do it any different.
I plan on keeping this one for a while. It's just what I want as far as power. I'm going to do some suspension work that should make it even sweeter and it should last me a while. I'll let you know if that changes though.
wink.gif

Back