A day for riding old Suzukis

Here is a pic of mine taken in the mid 80s.

Old bikes.jpg

Very cool thread! What a great trip down memory lane.

Sorry though... I rode a Yamaha "back in the day". :thumbsup: Damn, I a old!

Yamaha60.jpg

I have the same bike collecting dust in my garage. Been talking about making it a dragbike for years. Motor has only 10,000 miles. Its a 82 GS1100 in gold

Yes 33mm smoothies, really woke that bike up! Andrews cams and later on a Vance & hines big bore kit. The header was a Supertrap, the pipe looked good but it was junk.. The bike was a demon in is day. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's my son's 1985 GS550ESF, his first bike. Used to belong to oRg member MetallicMetalGod (as his first bike!).

AJAY,

Can't believe I missed this thread. Well, I wasn't keeping up here much over the last year, so I guess it's my own fault.

Actually, it wasn't my first bike...it was my first bike after taking about 10 years off from riding. For the record, my first bike was a 1973 Honda CB350, similar to one of your projects, yes? :)

Great pics. Looks like you guys are enjoying the bike and improving it. Nice turn signals! :) I can't say enough how nice it is to see good folks like yourselves getting so much enjoyment out of the GS.

BTW, you the GS is the bike I'm riding in my avatar pic.

Keep the good times rollin'! :thumbsup:

Looks like this thread got resurrected since I sent Andre the link for pics of his old GS550ESF.
BTW, you the GS is the bike I'm riding in my avatar pic.

Keep the good times rollin'! :thumbsup:
Hey, that's cool. I hadn't noticed your avatar was you on my/your GS550. Cracks me up!

Looking good Ajay!! Not to detract from the other bikes but when are you sticking your boy on the busa? :laugh:
My son Martin has ridden several hours on that GS1100e when we have traded bikes for grins. His 550 (Andre/MMG's old 550) handles much better than the 1100, but probably less than half the power. I don't know if Martin ever really opened up the 1100. It's no Busa, but it does make a decent amount of power for a bike from the early 1980's, even more with the Kerker pipe and pod air filters.

I ended up replacing the baffle in the Kerker pipe with a normal baffle. The one the bike came with was a drag-race only baffle, if you could call it a baffle at all - you could almost slide a soda can up the tube! Made great top end power, but sucked everywhere else and completely killed the torque at the lower end of the rpm range. Once I put in the smaller baffle, all the bottom end torque came back and the carb jetting I had struggled with for weeks came all together. Now she's a good bit quieter and a much better machine for the street. The GS1100e is still a wheelie machine, but I'm so trained by the Busa that the front wheel usually just skims the ground on hard acceleration.

As for my son on the Busa? Let's just say that I'm looking for a cheap GSXR600 for him. I doubt he's ready for the weight or power of the Busa.

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

I also have a 82gs1100ez great bike still pulls like a train:laugh: But I had to get me a 2012 busa...

2012 busa&1982gs1100.jpg

C101700_0926_00.jpg

I also have a 82gs1100ez great bike still pulls like a train:laugh: But I had to get me a 2012 busa...
Love the silver on the 1100.

Love the red 2012 Busa even more!
(my 07 Busa is almost the same color red, as is my car and other toys.l. :))

1980 Suzuki GS250T. Saw this with "For Sale" sign in a guys yard. Purchased for $250 with 14k. Did have to spend $200 to have the carbs rebuilt and $70 on the windshield. Commuted on it this past summer with intentions of my wife learning how to ride. Sold last month. Was so much fun to ride but decided on an Enduro next.

003.jpg

011.jpg

A 72 GS 550 started my love for Suzuki,s. Got it in the middle of a snow storm, $735.00, OTD W/ two helmets. Next was 78 GS 1000 , it had air ride forks, $2700.00. both brand new. Times have changed.

I'm diggin this thread. A bunch of beautiful bikes. Like the vintage Busa. Ya'll see that? Its the red one a few posts before mine :lol:. I'm so jelly

Back