"9 Turns" Broward County

jeffroe334

Registered
Here are a few pics of the place called "9 Turns" in Broward County Florida.  Basically Fort Lauderdale/Plantation/Davie North of Miami.

These are like the only decent corners I have been shown around here.  There are two real sharp right's and a few long straights/ high speed corners.  The route is tricky, it's best someone takes you through it a few times so you learn the route.

No one knows why it's called 9 turns, it's more like 2 turns and a few straightaways.  It's better than going straight all the time!!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/jeffroe334/9Turnscloseup2.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/jeffroe334/9turnszommout2.jpg

sad isnt it living in flat land....this is why we go to the smokies twice a year. Have you done snake road - 595 to the middle of aligator alley and north on snake road through the indian villages and up around lake Okee? Decent ride -long fast straights with occasional 90-degree turns. I'd ride with ya but Im on your Busa's great great great grandpa still

swamp lizard what are the directions from like Hiatus and 595? I'm on a Busa but I ride sanely....most of the time.

Screw Broward County. The cops there are hardasses with something to prove. That's a drug route from Florida to Midwest, tons of undercover cops.

well...if you find your way up in the Tampa area...here's a road that has a little more to look at. Some parts have trees covering th streets...some are open swamp...and the roads do actually have a few turns...enough so that a harley rider with us one time went straight off into the trees...jeesh.

not quite 10 miles...but there's a nice place to get a bite to eat and a cool drink.

Last time I was there...a group of ALL female sport bike riders from Orlando was there....OH what a sight!

NC/TN have the dragon....we in FL have the salamander.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=....noramio

or http://tiny.cc/qaOgY (just click through)

View Larger Map

Yea, 9 turns is ok, but it's getting worse with the PoPo, and snake road is fun, but same thing.. I got hit there for 74 in a 45... I know, I know.. I was speeding but I was NOT doing 74... honest, lol

I've gotten bored with the roads down here, so occasionally I'll take a ride up to Palm Beach County, and ride out around Indiantown, Jupiter area.. There are some very pretty roads, with some different scenery, and a "few" slight high speed (relative term)twists. But it's still a nice ride..

Jeffroe, check your pms
beerchug.gif

well...if you find your way up in the Tampa area...here's a road that has a little more to look at.  Some parts have trees covering th streets...some are open swamp...and the roads do actually have a few turns...enough so that a harley rider with us one time went straight off into the trees...jeesh.

not quite 10 miles...but there's a nice place to get a bite to eat and a cool drink.

Last time I was there...a group of ALL female sport bike riders from Orlando was there....OH what a sight!

NC/TN have the dragon....we in FL have the salamander.
There are nicer roads much closer to Tampa.

I'd be happy to show 'em to ya.

They used to be known as Raider's Rides.

Lemme know if yer interested.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1575

I just moved from Z-Hills North of Tampa, we used to ride out to Pasco County a place called Hamburger Hill......you been?

I've never heard it called Hamberger Hill.

But I've ridden all over Pasco, Hernando
and Citrus county. If ya name one or two
of the roads there I'll know for sure.

My Job requires me to drive all of the
State & county roads in Fl Except down
The east coast south of Jacksonville.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1576

There are corners in FL? This place makes me want to trade my Busa for a Hardley.

Thank goodness where I live in FL I at least have some options for some fun twisty rides...you just have to find them. And if you're really smart you'll find some hidden make-shift tracks thanks to the deteriorating housing development.

Back