69 Mark 1

I am kind of biased because I love my car but "if" I was to get rid of my 93 Cobra for another Mustang it would only be for a 69 Fastback! Not necessarily a Mach 1 but definitely a fastback. I always wanted to build up a really nice 69 with modern suspension, brakes, Fuel injection etc. The Mach 1 is just too collectible to do that to, so a regular old Fastback would be a great starting point. But nowadays even those are sky rocketing. I watched a build up not long ago of one of the Dynacorn Reproduciton 67 fastbacks and that was awesome now if they would just start cranking out the 69-70 bodies!

Very Nice. Here is my 69 Mach, I have had it since 1972. I did not put the stripes back on when I had it painted in 1995. It is a genuine 428 CJ Mach.

Myself I'm particular to the early 68/69 X-R7's and the 70 Cougar Eliminators but the 65 2+2 and the 69/70 Boss's were always a close second! Big, raw and untamed power out of those Cobra Jet plants!

Very sharp Mustang by the way, looks clean and straight!

I am kind of biased because I love my car but "if" I was to get rid of my 93 Cobra for another Mustang it would only be for a 69 Fastback! Not necessarily a Mach 1 but definitely a fastback. I always wanted to build up a really nice 69 with modern suspension, brakes, Fuel injection etc. The Mach 1 is just too collectible to do that to, so a regular old Fastback would be a great starting point. But nowadays even those are sky rocketing. I watched a build up not long ago of one of the Dynacorn Reproduciton 67 fastbacks and that was awesome now if they would just start cranking out the 69-70 bodies!

My Mach has a Global West negative roll front suspension ( tubular upper and lower arms & strut rods ) and a rack and pinion conversion. Permanent damage was limited to drilling the upper arm mounting holes for the Shelby Drop and cutting 1-1/2" off the lower steering column tube. All of the original stuff will bolt right back on. You can do a lot of modern engineered things to these cars without savaging them. If these mods would have ruined the car I would not have done them! :thumbsup:

I m working on a 68 torino gt s code car and I have a 65 fastback also. Great cars guy s love the on sportsroof fords iconic style IMO.

there are alot of great "classics" :thumbsup:

Camaro_005__Small___2_.jpg

Here is my 1970 Mach1, 475cid V8 runs the 1/4 at 11.80 no spray just on the motor.

allthetoysmustang.jpg

Last edited:
Back