541 mile ride with SCAR

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
Did some riding with Scar down in San Diego. Amazing day. Twisties, desert, Pine Trees, Joshua Trees, Cali-Baja Mexico border, just everything!! Here's the map and data. I took this with my GPS trainer I usually use for cycling and running.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8451552

SCAR will have pics shortly.

Oh boy!! heck if you go south out of San Diego, there is a little town called San Rosalia.. there is a steak/lobster house that does a great dinner... .. Might be an interesting ride :whistle:

Rosarito? Maybe? That's where we used to go...

:beerchug: Awesome fresh lobster.

We used to go to a place called Basura Vista... :laugh:

So, yeah...Ryan (GTRPimp76) had to leave the house pretty early to meet up with us this morning for breakfast and a day to spend enjoying the roads hya.

Here's the first pic I shot today...when we pulled alongside the US/Mexico border on US94.

Ryan on US Side.jpg

Here's another couple of 'border shots'...

1st, another of Ryan, clearly happy to be on this side...

Power Ranger Ryan.jpg

Yea I think that is right... I think I have Rosarito mixed up with San Rosalia.. the place was a really clean for being south of the border too.. Seems like it was a Pink Adobe building? can not be more than 1 or 2 places like this huh? :)

Know what, Randy...the place I was thinking of was actually Puerto Nuevo... That's where the Steak/Lobster dealio is... A little further south is Ensenada; much more populus...

After leaving the border view, we went to The Rock Tower (Google Earth it); here's a pic of where we're going..., followed by a pic of Ryan taking a pic of where we're going...

It was a great day.

Reference Ryan's GPS deal to get a sense of where we went and what we did.

:beerchug:

Come back soon, Ryan!!!

Where We're Going.jpg

Ryan takes a picture of where we're going.jpg

Hey, Ryan...that MB GPS thing is cool! I'm going to have to get me one of those...

Great shots.:beerchug:
I am soooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta get my behind in gear and get down there.
Thanks
Bubba

Great shots.:beerchug:
I am soooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta get my behind in gear and get down there.
Thanks
Bubba

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout... I can't imagine why you didn't come down this weekend...wait...yes I can; you told me.

Anyway, next weekend, we'll probably ride. :whistle: Mostly. :rofl:

Yea I think that is right... I think I have Rosarito mixed up with San Rosalia.. the place was a really clean for being south of the border too.. Seems like it was a Pink Adobe building? can not be more than 1 or 2 places like this huh? :)

I know what place you're talking about Mr. Bogus. I think it's two doors down from Papas n Beer. That place is a huge spring break destination. But yeah, the steak and lobster are super delicious and fresh.

Hey, Ryan...that MB GPS thing is cool! I'm going to have to get me one of those...

thanx bro. Did you check out the "larger map" option? You can see detail up close and switch to geographic/satellite view. You should look into the Garmin 705. It's for cyclists, but it has the real time speed, full color screen, basically full on navigation. But it's small enough to fit in our dash or triple clamp cover.

Know what, Randy...the place I was thinking of was actually Puerto Nuevo... That's where the Steak/Lobster dealio is... A little further south is Ensenada; much more populus...

After leaving the border view, we went to The Rock Tower (Google Earth it); here's a pic of where we're going..., followed by a pic of Ryan taking a pic of where we're going...

It was a great day.

Reference Ryan's GPS deal to get a sense of where we went and what we did.

Come back soon, Ryan!!!

I'll be back sooner than you'll know. BTW-I believe that's the I-8 where we hit our GPS verified.......ahem......144 mph?...:rofl:

thanx bro. Did you check out the "larger map" option? You can see detail up close and switch to geographic/satellite view. You should look into the Garmin 705. It's for cyclists, but it has the real time speed, full color screen, basically full on navigation. But it's small enough to fit in our dash or triple clamp cover.

Yeah...I totally navved around that 'report'. It's very cool...and the unit is so small and light.:beerchug:

Sounds like it was a good time, Thanks for the pics, :thumbsup:

Never been to the rock tower, Damnit! Hopefully someday Lamb will have a busa to come play with you guys. Waaaaa! Missed another epic struggle between the forces of good and evil.

Back