49 state model conversion

Dreamin

Registered
Hi all finally realized my dream of a busa got an 05 model but it is a 49 state model only and i am currently stationed @Cali. was wondering if any one new what it would take to convert to pass emission and how much?, also if any one has any creative ideas how to get around it fill free to let me know? thanks for any and all help.

Are you living in CA and where did you buy the bike CA or out of state
rock.gif

I don't know of any emission tests for bikes in CA.

If you buy a out of state bike it has to have 7500 miles on it before you can register it here in CA.

No emission tests to worry about. Just registration. Is the bike registered in Cali???

Your in the military? You do not need to register it in CA only in your home state, if it CA then you will need to comply. Check with your post you guys in the military get all sort of perks when it comes to vehicles and things. I have family higher up and they ship BMW's back every few years, no taxes no nothing, I think they still have the German plate on them too.

after reading all the posts i realized how little info i gave all you to help me out. i bought the bike via AB extreme in ohio and actually should be getting it in 2 weeks ( uGGHHHH I want it now) anyway, i am statione in California but cam into the military from PA, but i know have a Cali license so unsure if i could stil register in PA. i called the PA DMV and they sent me a form, so i am hoping it goes through. I was just going through a worst case scenario and seeing if any one else ever had to deal with anything like this or not. Thanks again for the responses. Soon i can change my name from "dreamin" to "livin the dream"

According to CA DMV, if you're in the military you have option of registering your vehicle in your home state or in CA, whichever you choose. As mentioned, you have to have 7500 miles on a 49 State bike to register it in CA.

It's a no brainer that you register it in your home state PA where, I'm certain, registration/title fees and license will be a fraction of what it would cost you in CA. It also won't matter if it's a 49 State bike.

Here's web page for CA DMV re military personnel and vehicle registration.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/militaryvr.htm

Thanks All, That is what i am going to do, register in PA. Appreciate the help. Now all i need is my Bike to arrive!!!! 5 days and counting.
beerchug.gif

Back