Busa 2000 model juddering

JA51ESD

Registered
Hi All,

I have a busa on a 2000 model, it seems to suffer from a juddering sensation across the rev range in all gears. I bought it back off a friend who had the injectors cleaned and the problem went away for a while, and now its back. I think it may be residue in the tank clogging up the fuel pump?

Any expertise advice or similar happening would be greatly appreciated.

Also is there a diagram of the external fuel pump any where as i am going to strip it and clean it

Thanks

Try Sea-Foam first. It really works to clean out the fuel system. I didn't believe it, but tried it and it made quite a difference. Half a can was enough for a 5 gallon tank,

Thanks Superzuki i have ordered 2 for £20 off ebay - SEAFOAM TWIN PACK 2 Motor Treatment

Will give it a try!!

Opened up the fuel pump yesterday and looks like the rubber seals have perished, may be letting in air and causing airlocks? any way cleaned the meshes and looks like the fuel filters have all been removed previously.

Ordered seals and O rings so we will see if it cures the juddering.

The cleaning of fuel pump did not sort out the juddering and surging.

I put it down to injectors so managed to get whole throttle body esembly for 05 busa for £160 from the good old USA. The fuel connector and loom was different so took off the old one put the throttle body in. It runs superb but only issue is after she warms up the revs go from 1000 to 1500 on idle. Tried to adjust the throttle screw but no joy and also there is a slight surg at 3000rpm in 6th gear.

I have come to the end of my knowledge on this and booked her in at motorbike shop for idle ajustment and dyno to see whats going on.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
While the bike is apart, you need to replace all the rubber fuel lines also. Once you get the pump working correctly, the line will start to collapse.

Sorry to thread jack but what lines would you recommend using. I have to relocate fuel pump because I'm getting vapor locked in stop and go. Seen a few different ones on summit.

Back