4-2-1 adapter

Jhunt1976

Registered
I just picked up this 2007 and it has this hideous rear undertail, is there one you can suggest that’s more hidden? This one also hangs so low that I cannot lower the rear of bike. I have the chain guard license plate holder so not worried that I’d lose the undertail one.

F48DFF9A-B8E7-4F81-8806-30B5C0B68548.jpeg

so that is not an under tail exhaust. that is just a standard dual muffler exhaust. if you want a lower profile exhaust you can switch to a single muffler exhaust from brocks, voodoo, m4, etc. their are more but those companies off a shorty muffler.

I
m trying to get away from the u set tail shown in pic with the license plate attachment on it! It is just way too bulky under the bike that limits me to lower the bike! Sorry I don’t have a more clear picture that shows the entire underbelly

@Jhunt1976

the undertail cover (pcs´s pic above) is easy to install and not very expansive

quite the opposite of that an entire undertail exhaust system
theres no space for the pipe(s) from header to the muffler(s) inside the frame
so u HAVE to go outside frame up ´n under the tail.

in MY eyes that looks weird and not nice / lean

and the change will rob your money - it is not makable for lill costs.

i estmate around 1500 - 2000 $

I think the OP has two ideas..

1) change the undertail so he can lower the bike
2) change the exhaust to something else....but not an undertail exhaust as he wants to lower the bike and this would be counterintuitive....
Thank you for clarifying to the point I guess I couldn’t do. 1. I don’t like the exhaust as I’m not into the long exhaust, ? There was mine is a 4 into 2 into 2 complete exhaust. I want a 4 into one exhaust but was wondering if there was an adaptor to go from the 2 outlet from header to a 1 for single muffler or do I need a full set from headers back as a 4 into 1!
2. I hate how the undertail looks as well as limits me on lowering the rear of the bike!

(...) was wondering if there was an adaptor to go from the 2 outlet from header to a 1 for single muffler or do I need a full set from headers back as a 4 into 1!
(...)
ever had a look under the bike ?
no? do it and you should can answer your question yourself - there is no space/room for an adapter 2-1 fitting to the standard header

(...) or do I need a full set from headers back as a 4 into 1! (...)

see my sentence above - YES u need a special 4-1 header like from akrapovic
plus a spec. connection pipe to
the (plus) single-muffler that fits to the exhaust vol. of the haya.

the entire exhaust volume has to pass only the s-muffler and no mor 2 mufflers .

info:
at my ´00 haya a ´03-´04 gsx-r 1000 single muffler is mounted
the exhust vol. of the gsx-r at 14,000 rpm is near the haya´s exh. vol. at 10,800 so
the ability to pass through / also called the ability to swallow, is therefore well comparable, which is why the gsx-r silencer does not steal any performance at ny busa.

but all that is a bit "bigger art" of exhaust-techniques.

Back