3rd service at dealer.......

Ked0607

Registered
Ok so I got the 3 free services when I purchased. Dealer been super cool using Motul that I purchase over the free Ecstar. Besides they offer it back to me and I always say pay it forward..... Anywho does fresh plugs make any differences? I know it has the placebo effect after the oil is changed. All new brake fluid and clutch fluid too. Hopefully the clutch feels better.

Plugs are based on mileage and for normal street use, upwards of 20-30K before changing them should suffice nicely. Some swap them during a valve clearance check or every other check mostly because, why not, the cam covers are off… :)

Ok so I got the 3 free services when I purchased. Dealer been super cool using Motul that I purchase over the free Ecstar. Besides they offer it back to me and I always say pay it forward..... Anywho does fresh plugs make any differences? I know it has the placebo effect after the oil is changed. All new brake fluid and clutch fluid too. Hopefully the clutch feels better.
The dealer asked me which oil I would like them to use. Motul or Ecstar, I have asked back what is the difference. After a short explanation, the mechanic shared the Motul is a bit better for constant high RPMs - basically for track use -, Suzuki's is for street use for diverse conditions. The drawback is, Motul recommended to be changed in every 3000kms the Ecstar can do 6000km easily. So based on his view this is the super conservative answer and main difference. Then he started to work, but he turned back to me and added, based on his experience both - and many of the others - made in the same factory and has barely if any difference. He said he did a lot oil change... So he has seen couple of samples.

This was just a story to share, no scientific facts.
(The same mechanic said it is dangerous to use engine braking and rear brake most of the times. According to him it is the front brake which should be used.)

Run from your current tech. Sounds like a major tard
I don't take advice easy. However I love to collect opinions to eventually shape mine. So no harm done. He also said I don't need to grease the chain for the next 1000 km... I believe he just does his job and I do mine. :laugh:

Plugs are based on mileage and for normal street use, upwards of 20-30K before changing them should suffice nicely. Some swap them during a valve clearance check or every other check mostly because, why not, the cam covers are off… :)
Well this is part of the free service. For some reason Suzuki has it listed to change the plugs on the 3rd service. I have basically extended every interval as it is. I am at almost 10k miles. They recommend valve checks at 15k. I will either have a new bike or new cams by 20k

Back