36 MM axle nut

wiesjon

Registered
Most people probably already know this, but I didn't so I'll pass along the info. I tried unsuccessfully to find a reasonably priced 36 MM end wrench so I could make chain adjustments. I recently found out that a regular
1 7/16 inch wrench works great and where I live is much easier to find.

Good to know. My local Sears store stocks 36mm sockets...less than $10.

Should not be any big deal to find the socket... it is the same size as the crank pulley an rear axles on the VW Bug

Should not be any big deal to find the socket... it is the same size as the crank pulley an rear axles on the VW Bug

ONLY you would post that Cliff....:rofl:

cliff.jpg

Last edited:
Most people probably already know this, but I didn't so I'll pass along the info. I tried unsuccessfully to find a reasonably priced 36 MM end wrench so I could make chain adjustments. I recently found out that a regular
1 7/16 inch wrench works great and where I live is much easier to find.

That info along with everything you need to know about the maintenance of your bike can be found here...
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/100074-gen-ii-oem-parts-guide.html

But, it is nice to know so thanks for reminding us about this tip as its a good one to know for sure!

Last edited:
hey NORM~~!! works on Jeeps too!!

5.JPG

AND, the oil filter on a MKIV 12V VR6

019.jpg

AND
[SIZE=+1]2007 C30 T5 volvo
Socket-universal-joint.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what did you lose your tool pouch...all busa's come with the wrench for the rear axle nut
:poke:

That nut is one of the few that should be torqued IMO.
Even when I use the torque wrench I am amazed at how tight it has to be.
Holds all the bearings and spacers in place at the proper tension.

Back