36 hrs then its off to the gap

kitchener rider

I was cheap, so all I got was a lousy t-shirt
Registered
36 hrs and the wife and I are off to the gap, gonna have some good times, this will be my wifes first time. 700 miles in the saddle to get there. guess she will be loving her mustang seat this time.. if anyone is there from Thursaday on and you see a blue black and an all black m50 thats us. stop and chat a bit..

Have a safe trip! Gonna be hot for the next few days but no rain forecast after tonight thru the holiday!

Graham, I'll see you there. Let me know if you need me to bring anything like alcoholic drinks. It's dry. We'll be on the road early Friday morning.

yes the gap... hey Doug I should have enough room in my bags for some beer. we are good there. Just curious as where to eat down there.

You can walk to several places from the Phillips. There is also the Phillips Rest. I will try and smoke some pork or a pot of chili or something so we dont starve. What do you think of riding the skyway about noon Friday?

I spent 11 hours on the Busa last Friday on a trip to the Dragon and up and down Hwy 28. It was a blast, but very busy up there as it was Z car day. Have fun, be safe and watch out for the ass hats.

Oh ya, get a fried egg on your burger at the clubhouse at the start of the Dragon on the NC side.

I hate to throw this out here but the Phillips Restaurant just plain sucks. I know during the Bash, some members had to actually help the wait staff. I ate there Sunday and the food was marginal and the service horrible. Forgotten orders, out of menu items, slow.....There is a place up main street just past the court house on the left that I had better luck with. There is also a Huddle House, a mexican retaurant, and a few other places.

I hate to throw this out here but the Phillips Restaurant just plain sucks. I know during the Bash, some members had to actually help the wait staff. I ate there Sunday and the food was marginal and the service horrible. Forgotten orders, out of menu items, slow.....There is a place up main street just past the court house on the left that I had better luck with. There is also a Huddle House, a mexican retaurant, and a few other places.

I have to agree. I tried it when I was in Robbinsville a few weeks back. Ended up leaving after waiting on the waitress for 10-15 minutes. Ended up going to Wendy's..

Back