300mm rear tire off center.....need opinions PLEASE!!!!

illuminati

Registered
I need to move my rear tire (300mm) over a 1/2 inch to the left off center so that my rear sprocket lines up center with the chain, it's an extended & jackshafted swingarm. Do you think this will effect handling?

Thanks in advance everyone :thumbsup:

a 300 kit should not run off center, if the arm is built right once the spacer is set up to align the chains it should be centered. Is it an aftermarket wheel or a welded stock one? Dunno about the handling, many 240's are like that, just dont look right to me.

Should not effect riding, But as stated on a 300 it should be centered.

The wheels are from RC Components..

I agree the wheel should be centered but that's not an option. So what I'm asking everyone is if they think it will effect handling if I move it over an inch to the left......

Wow..i cant even begin to think what the ramifications are of that? You would be out of alignment front to rear...would that want to push your front to one side as you tried to go straight? maybe causing the tire to wear uneven on one side?

Interesting...

Somethings off Mark, not sure what, but that shouldnt be needed. Can we get some pics of what ya got goin on?

Basically what's going on is that it's a jackshaft which means 2 chains. In order for the jackshaft to be aligned with the 1st chain which is coming from the motor, I have to move it over as far to the left as possible. Which in turn means I have to move the sprocket, which is attached to the rear wheel, over to the left until it's centered on the chain....which is about an inch to the left.

hmmm... Sounds like ya need a W I D E R jackshaft, imagine that, me tellin you somethings not wide enough:laugh:

Im not sure what it would do to the handleing. If its only 1/2 inch ya may be alright, I havent noticed the 1/4 inch im offset. But who knows.

All 240s sit off to the right a little, Not an inch but a little with no handling issues.

With that being said, and I dont want to beat a dead horse here, But. I have never heard of a 300 having to be offset, and 1" is alot. There has to be something wrong, I wish I knew more about 300s.

All 240s sit off to the right a little, Not an inch but a little with no handling issues.

With that being said, and I dont want to beat a dead horse here, But. I have never heard of a 300 having to be offset, and 1" is alot. There has to be something wrong, I wish I knew more about 300s.

This is one for Bigrod.

We need ya back buddy:thumbsup:

Maybe a spacer issue with the Jackshaft? I get em, but no experienced with em.

You must have known we wouldnt just answer a simple question. :laugh:

Clue less myself but if it shouldn't be that way, be a good idea to figure out what the problem is before riding. I am remember someone from Roaring Toyz here posting up about someone doing an improper install of a wide tire kit and they destroyed some parts in the process riding it.

Recommend identifying the problem even if you have to see a pro about it before trying to find a workaround jmo

goodluck

If I shim the jackshaft then it will not line up dead center, with the first chain coming from the motor....

no the arm was made by my friend for an 07 busa. He said it would fit an 08 and then when we put it on everything worked fine. Then I changed the front chain and noticed the ENTIRE right side's O-rings were torn off and missing. Now I dove back into everything and I noticed that I need to move my rear tire (300mm) over a 1/2 inch to the left off center so that my rear sprocket lines up center with the chain. Do you think this will effect handling?

What u may want to do is get a new center sproket. The center gear can be longer or shorter to move the chain where you need it, but just like everyone elese says you shouldnt have to mod the kit.

Wow..i cant even begin to think what the ramifications are of that? You would be out of alignment front to rear...would that want to push your front to one side as you tried to go straight? maybe causing the tire to wear uneven on one side?

Interesting...

I'm thinking same thing. Have no exp with 300 kits or any of that but I def think it would affect it handling wise. Ever been behind a car and noticed it 'crabbing' down the road. Kinda like driving sideways. With your tire moved over I see it wanting to drive itself sideways same way. Doesn't matter about tire size but for sure I think both should be in line.

I think Kay means the distance between the 2 sprockets on the jackshaft itself, least thats how I took it:thumbsup:

like this Kay?

jackshaft.jpg

I think Kay means the distance between the 2 sprockets on the jackshaft itself, least thats how I took it:thumbsup:

like this Kay?

The jackshaft is one solid piece of hardened steel with gears on both of the ends. I'm not able to move them.....It's looking like I'll have to see about having one made.....anyone up for the challenge?

Back