3 Days in the Italian Alps and Dolomites...

expat

Registered
Got back yesterday from a quickie down to Italy. Left friday morning. Two of my Buds and I drove around 1300 kms to Süd Tirol (northern "state" in Italy) and drove through about 15 Alpine and Dolomite passes. Some rain, but mostly great weather to drive - not too hot, not too cold, good roads. The Autobahn home from Munich was great - had to race with frustrated family men in their Audi, BMW, Benz, VW and Ford station wagons. Most of the way (home, on the Autobahn) we were doing around 200 kph (about 125 mph), but I had to wind it up to 260 (about 165) once to slap down a Porsche Carerra S. My bud Uwe (on the 1100 BMW) did great holding 125 for about 125 miles on a naked bike with hard cases!

here are some pix:

clicky thingie

That ride looks incredible. Can the scenery and roads be any better suited for motorcycle touring? Now, adding the Autobahn to the mix, I think you just rode my dream ride.
drooling3.gif

That ride looks incredible. Can the scenery and roads be any better suited for motorcycle touring? Now, adding the Autobahn to the mix, I think you just rode my dream ride.
drooling3.gif
Thanks! I really like riding over here, but, actually, this was one of the more boring trips - check out Sardegna (we go there once a year, this time it was in April/May - 4000 km in 8 days, not including the 2 ferry trips to the island and back...)

other clicky thingie

The first page of pics is breakfast before leaving - the tour pics start on the second page...

<!--EDIT|expat
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124104799 -->

Back