2nd gen 1441

newb

Registered
I read several threads about big bores cracking cylinders. I am not trying to revive the old threads, but I am considering a big bore for my 08. Before I do it I want to know if I should find a 1st gen block. Any suggestions or was it a fluke streak of cracked blocks?

If the answer is in another thread please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Gen 2 blocks are fine for a basic 1441. The cracking of the Gen 2 blocks was occuring with large helpings of nitrous.

So with that being said, if you are building a mild street 1441, or even if you are gonna spray a small shot, a Gen 2 block is fine. If your gonna be doing any serious nitrous through it, I would definitely recommend a Gen 1 block.

Gen 2 blocks are fine for a basic 1441. The cracking of the Gen 2 blocks was occuring with large helpings of nitrous.

So with that being said, if you are building a mild street 1441, or even if you are gonna spray a small shot, a Gen 2 block is fine. If your gonna be doing any serious nitrous through it, I would definitely recommend a Gen 1 block.

WRONG...

Gen II blocks are cracking with the 3 mil overbore and streetable compression. I saw one first hand...dyno time, maybe 50 street miles and one pass down the track. Split all 4 cylinders...This was a Brocks drop in kit and Brock left my buddy holding the bag....

Do yourself a favor and get a get gen 1 block. Pay now or pay later.

I would just get the Gen-I block and not worry about it. I have heard of people splitting the Gen-II blocks and I know of one for a fact that did NOT use any nitrous...

So I now have conflicting info...???

thats the problem with forum, for every person that knows how to do something, there is a person that has done it to prove them wrong.

talk to a good reputable builder that has more than a few 1441 bikes on the road. carpenter is one that comes to mind, there are other shops that do good work as well.

Has anyone cracked a block that was not a core swap? Meaning, as motor breaks in the parts settle together. If you swap a block, the pieces no longer have that same shape developed by heat cycling metals. I don't claim to be an engine builder but I am curious. Hard to believe Suzuki went through all that trouble of making the busa aftermarket friendly only make the block useless to the aftermarket.

Last edited:
NewB- The cracking issue has nothing to do with nitrous as mentioned above. APE-Jay, has told me that the rate is a 5% chance that this can happen to a Gen 2. They have done many with no issues, however, there is that chance that it can happen. I have a 1441 and I used a gen 1 block so as to not have any worries when I'm 2hrs from home. All I did is swapped mine for a gen 1 to someone that was doing a turbo bike. The best anyone could come up with is they think the piston skirt reliefs on the bottom somehow are causing the cracks when punched out. Whatever the reason, it is happening and its sure alot of work to pull the motor later and wish you would have went with a gen 1 block.

The reason that we have seen them cracking is because Suzuki cut out the windage windows in the bottom of the cylinder block. The block isn't as strong because it doesn't have the support from the full round cylinders. Like Pat said from what we have seen about 5% of them are cracking.

Simple solution know your motor you can crack any block with NOS if you dont know what you are doing. NOS, PC's, Full Exhaust, any mods that change HP & Torque show be tuned on a dyno by someone that knows what they are doing.

I personally have run a 1299, 1396, 1340, 1441 with it tuned & no issues

Do you sell gen 1 block with a 1441 kit for the 08

The reason that we have seen them cracking is because Suzuki cut out the windage windows in the bottom of the cylinder block. The block isn't as strong because it doesn't have the support from the full round cylinders. Like Pat said from what we have seen about 5% of them are cracking.

I don't see why people don't choose the Wiseco +2mm 1407 for the street.

Leaves a bit more material in the block and they are aprox 10grams lighter than the 3mm piston. HP difference vs a 1441 won't be much .

My Gen II block was fine on motor. Added in a 80 shot of gas and it lasted maybe 10 passes before letting go on all 4 cylinder walls:moon: Went back it Gen I cylinders on the rebuild and Gen I valves.

Where do you get a gen 1 block if you have a gen 2? Does anyone do gen 2 for gen 1 exchanges?

Can you just use the Gen I cylider assy or do they not work on a Gen II ?

It's a direct swap. No issues at all.

Also, the issue has NOTHING to do with whether or not the builder knows what he is doing. It's the core that breaks. It's a Suzuki problem, not a builder or machinist problem.

Last edited:
Back