2d gear

99 copper

Registered
HI all
I'm new, I mean I'm Old, haven't posted In a long time, sense the new board has been up, I have a 99 busa 23000 mile all stock, never any problem with It, I'v read on hear before about other bikes having second gear problems, my bikes trans has aways been strong, I'm not so sure anymore, over the weekend and out for a ride I might hammer it once or twice, on one run I went for second and It went in and then immediately poped into neutral, now I cruised for a few miles and took It easy, ok now if there's a problem with the trans I want to know, so I hammer It again and It went in fine, and held strong, and a few more time after that, It seems ok, Now My Question, is this the start of second gear failure? has this happend to others now and then and the bike is still fine, thanks for reading great place to talk,
wow.gif

(GoldenChild @ Oct. 26 2006,20:06) Sir it sounds as if you just didn't fully engage it the first time.
+1 if you don't get it in second ALL the way...it will pop out when you get on the power
wink.gif

hi guys
I'm glad you took the time to post. I like what I'm hearing, I may not have engaged it all the way. I think you guy are right, It was cold out when I was riding that day, like 45 degrees, I don't usually ride when its that cold, but the bike runs real strong in that air, I'm not sure if that made a differance or not, thanks again.
beerchug.gif

but I do believe there is a definate 2ng gear problem...heard a lot about it and I have it as well. I just have been taking it easy in second lately, gotta find the money to fix it

Anyone else had this problem? I have an 05' with 13,000 miles; the small clip inside the trottle housing broke; don't know how but it did. So, the housing moves,can't be tightened enough to stay where it belongs.

The 2nd gear problem isn't with it poping into neutral. It skips while still engaged in 2nd when it goes bad. Sounds like you just missed the shift.

Hi all
I have been riding the bike a lot more latley that it has been warm out. and it has not poped out since that one day, when its in second and I'm on the power it holds strong, I think (BusaWipped) is right and the others.) I just did not get it all the way in,
lurk.gif
thanks 99 copper

Back